Author Topic: Obama's "Truth Police" in Missouri takin' care of business  (Read 2898 times)

myrockfight

Obama's "Truth Police" in Missouri takin' care of business
« on: September 27, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »
I was wondering what you guys thought of this. It really reeks of the scary tactics used by God knows how many dictators. It raised my eyebrows a little bit. It would be interesting to see a follow up and see what actually has occured.

http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

hoosier8

Re: Obama's "Truth Police" in Missouri takin' care of business
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »
Just saw that through Drudge.  That is the most frightening thing I have heard this year.   What will he do in office?

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
So, those officials are siding with Obama and are using their offices to insure that the "truth" about his campaign gets out?

That's one of the more disgusting things I've heard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »
Shades of the Clinton shenanigans with FBI files?  But I thought he was a new kind of politician.   rolleyes
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:28:30 PM »
Preview of an Obama administration.

If you know much about Chicago politics, that's just business as usual. Level II is unfortunate...accidents.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »
And the economic corollary is gangstanomics.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
Since these "Law enforcement officials" are obviously Democrats, It'll be ok for them or Obama's campaign to lie about McCain, no?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Thylacine

Missouri Gov Fires Back!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaigns Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jeffersons thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights.  The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family.  Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility.  When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=EkkkVFulkpOzXqGMaj&style=Default+News+Style&tmpl=newsitem

myrockfight

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Thylacine. Good post. That is exactly what I was looking for. I hope Obama doesn't have a serious chance at this election. But my word. You will never see this stuff on the general news. I would love to hear it there though. Hopefully it turns out to be too big of a story to keep quiet with. I'll cross my fingers!

How unfortunate is it that we have to hear this crap.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »
 police

Hard to believe anyone would vote for him, this needs to get out far and wide!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »
LETS SAY, someone gets shot resisting arrest, any predictions?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."