Author Topic: Georgia Democrat  (Read 1805 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Georgia Democrat
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »
Commercials run by his opposition all state that he's a huge Obama endorser (of course), but I have to admit this commercial made me smile.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/george-democrat-shows-his-familys-guns-in-new

You gotta' love Georgia!
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Georgia Democrat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »
When we moved here to Alabama in 2010, there were all sorts of political ads running, and there were tons of them showing the candidates holding guns. Democrat, Republican, it didn't matter. They all have to show they're pro-gun. I'd never seen a TV commercial with a politician holding a gun before.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
Some rather extroverted fellow was running for state treasurer (IIRC) and made a commercial with a Winchester 1894.  He lost.  Oh well.  It was a rather .... colorful commercial.
Maybe too much so.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
TommyGunn, are you talking about here in AL? If so, I remember that ad. He was standing along the fence in his stable, with his horse behind him and the Winchester slung over his shoulder. I thought it was a really good ad.

Weeks ago I called Congressman Mo Brooks' office about a gun-related matter. I'm accustomed to getting mealy-mouthed letters that don't say anything, but merely repeat what I had said ("Bill HR217 would restrict magazines for semi-automatic firearms to 10 rounds. Rest assured I'll keep your comments in my thoughts should this bill come to the floor for a vote"). Instead, I got a letter from him saying that the 2nd Amendment is absolute, and he will never vote for any legislation that infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. I was impressed.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
TommyGunn, are you talking about here in AL? If so, I remember that ad. He was standing along the fence in his stable, with his horse behind him and the Winchester slung over his shoulder. I thought it was a really good ad.

Weeks ago I called Congressman Mo Brooks' office about a gun-related matter. I'm accustomed to getting mealy-mouthed letters that don't say anything, but merely repeat what I had said ("Bill HR217 would restrict magazines for semi-automatic firearms to 10 rounds. Rest assured I'll keep your comments in my thoughts should this bill come to the floor for a vote"). Instead, I got a letter from him saying that the 2nd Amendment is absolute, and he will never vote for any legislation that infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. I was impressed.
Yes.  I have forgotten his name.
Mo Brooks has generally been a good congressman.  I like him.  A local talkshow host, Dale Jackson has him on his morning show (6:00-9:00AM, 770AM, 92.5FM) periodically.  I sorta don't think I'd vote for Mr. Jackson, but Mr. Brooks, I have and will.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:49:38 PM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
God, I can't stand Dale "grinds my gears" Jackson.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
When we moved here to Alabama in 2010, there were all sorts of political ads running, and there were tons of them showing the candidates holding guns. Democrat, Republican, it didn't matter. They all have to show they're pro-gun. I'd never seen a TV commercial with a politician holding a gun before.

Same sort of thing in Montana, but I've learned that you can't trust the Democrats to be pro-gun.  :mad:

(can't always trust the Republicans either but generally the results are better)

Our infamous Guvnor who has a gun illegally hanging in his state office vetoed our "constitutional carry" law.  >:D  :facepalm:  [ar15]
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
God, I can't stand Dale "grinds my gears" Jackson.
:rofl:  My mother feels the same way.  At that point in the morning I'm not awake enough to notice unless I've had my coffee.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »
My congressman, Dan Boren, the lone Democrat of the Oklahoma delegation to DC is a board member of the NRA.  Not saying I'd trust him or vote for him again, he isn't running this year, but even some of our Democrats can be reasonably counted on to be pro-gun.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 06:27:58 AM »
I likely won't vote for this guy either, unless his opponent turns out to be solidly anti-gun. His record leaves a lot to be desired unless he's just TRYING to put us into a collapse/revolution so he can play with his guns.  =D

Still good to see someone with the gumption to say, on camera, "No one will take them away from me!"
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
I still think this is the best political ad (at least for gun nuts): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnjzONrPiA

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »
I still think this is the best political ad (at least for gun nuts): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnjzONrPiA

I knew where that link was going before I ever clicked on it.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
Worst thing is that our state house district incumbent Republican is anti-gun  :facepalm:

(he and I had a long email argument a few years back)

I have no clue yet about his Democratic opponent  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »

We never got to see her target, so how do we know she's a "pretty fair shot"?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
We never got to see her target, so how do we know she's a "pretty fair shot"?

I don't care if "fair" means just hitting the paper. It takes cojones for a candidate to do an ad in which she's shooting a submachine gun, much less an AR or any gun at all.