Author Topic: NY+Guns=Endless Face Palm  (Read 786 times)

Ned Hamford

• friend
NY+Guns=Endless Face Palm
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/robert-farago/governor-cuomo-give-verbal-permission-commissioners-carry-state-buildings/

Remember hearing a while back about how NY's head of homeland security used the laser pointer that was still attached to his gun to accentuate his power point presentation? Pointing it, and thus the gun, at people and freaking out everyone in the room. Well, Gov. says those he gives permission to gov agents to carry in state buildings; apparently waiving through what would otherwise be a significant number of felonies.  You may recall the NY SAFE act failed to include any exception for law enforcement and the like in its voluminous restrictions and criminal expansions.  No worries tho, 20 minutes need not be taken to amend the law with a couple of common sense sentences (or strike down the whole damn thing); our gov gives verbal permission.

The cartoon villainy level of arrogance astounds. Atlas Shrugged quote anyone?

I also suspect the failure to amend may be part of a deeper political game; letting every Republican in the state run with it as an issue. City centers are pretty unwavering in their dem loyalty and for the rest of the state this crowds out other, less binary, issues from the public political discourse. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: NY+Guns=Endless Face Palm
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »
the local PD told me they finally got an exclusion for LE to carry more than 7 rounds.  did they not fix the rest of the mess?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »
Nope. There was an amendment exempting  'qualified' retired law enforcement; but for current law enforcement ect the present claim is that the law never applied to them because of existing law exempting them.  But, the exemption was for the old laws and the act introduced some new ones.  The drafting of the law is terrible.  But its not political to acknowledge such flaws; especially when you can just speak things into existence; like exceptions. 

So, exclusion by decree, not right or law, just practice. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:19:56 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/robert-farago/governor-cuomo-give-verbal-permission-commissioners-carry-state-buildings/

Obama is spreading change across the land. He rules by decree,* and now the governors may also feel free to carve out exemptions to law, by fiat.

Obama promised that his election would lead to the reversal of global warming, and he's fulfilled that promise, as well. How many people have died as a result of the unseasonable cold so far this winter?

Best. President. Ever.

*Delayed implementation of parts of Obamacare, plus "I have a pen and a phone."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife