Author Topic: Amusing Campus Carry Protest  (Read 2095 times)

Ned Hamford

• friend
Amusing Campus Carry Protest
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:16:39 AM »
http://www.chron.com/local/education/campus-chronicles/article/campus-carry-ut-austin-dildo-dildos-texas-6563276.php
#CocksNotGlocks

Sometimes it is very hard to take your political/philosophical opponents seriously. just sayin....
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

brimic

• friends
Re: Amusing Campus Carry Protest
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
Hmmmm, seems like perfect sheep camoflage. I could easily conceal a super Redhawk by duct taping a huge dildo to my backpack. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 11:52:25 AM »
Some of you guys will probably think this is stupid, but I think we need a day of guns.

Everyone with a CCW open carries for the day.

Why? So the idiots can actually see how many people around them everyday already have a gun and that nobody is getting hurt.

Because this whole whining about how unsafe it is (especially in a place like Texas!) is just rediculous. I'm guessing that professor who is quiting over this walks by dozens of concealed handguns everyday while he's off campus. Well, maybe not dozens, but the guns are all around.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 12:12:18 PM »
Why? So the idiots can actually see how many people around them everyday already have a gun and that nobody is getting hurt.

Yup; listened to a local liberal English prof (is there any other kind?) whining in Starbucks about how she didn't want campus carry because then she would have to be around those scary old guns.  I'm not sure if she caught the meaning when I patted my vest, my lawyer patted his hip, and one of the other women at the table turned her purse so the side zipper was visible.  A few other people within earshot shifted around in their seats, and I started counting bulges, fanny packs and oddly utilitarian looking purses.  I think of all the people on the patio, the only ones not carrying were her and the fairly recently immigrated British lawyer who was trying to get my lawyer to teach him to shoot.

Based on the CHL stats for the county, if she goes to the grocery store during a busy time, she's passing at least a dozen folks who are carrying.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »
Based on the CHL stats for the county, if she goes to the grocery store during a busy time, she's passing at least a dozen folks who are carrying.

She's probably passed far more than she imagines, but in my experience it's a pretty small percentage of those with CCW permits that actually carry with any regularity.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
She's probably passed far more than she imagines, but in my experience it's a pretty small percentage of those with CCW permits that actually carry with any regularity.

Even if the actual numbers are much lower, it doesn't really matter. The point is canceled weapons are much more common than these people think. Even if they only encounter one person a day that carried, it's MUCH more common than they think, simply because they cannot comprehend that anyone at all would carry a gun, except criminals and cops.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »
No argument there. People like this think that the mere act of carrying a weapon will send anyone into a homicidal rage unless they are a member of the Gov-blessed weapons-carrying classes (LEO, etc.)

Thus they assume that if someone near them had a weapon they could clearly be identified by the muttering and foaming at the mouth. Since they don't see those that meet their stereotype, they assume none of the normal-looking people they see could possibly be carrying a gun.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »
Some of you guys will probably think this is stupid, but I think we need a day of guns.

Because this whole whining about how unsafe it is (especially in a place like Texas!) is just rediculous. I'm guessing that professor who is quiting over this walks by dozens of concealed handguns everyday while he's off campus. Well, maybe not dozens, but the guns are all around.

That's a pretty common argument for open carry, and I think it's a sound one.

On the other hand, every other comment I hear from an open-carrier is about how they were carrying a nickel-plated Ma Deuce on a chest harness for years, and their cardiologist never noticed. So could it really work?  ;)

Oddly enough, I had the first comment (sort of) on my OWB holster today. The bottom of it became visible, under the hem of my t-shirt, when I sat down in a restaurant booth. An old gentleman stopped by as he was leaving, and asked if I was a police officer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »

That's a pretty common argument for open carry, and I think it's a sound one.

On the other hand, every other comment I hear from an open-carrier is about how they were carrying a nickel-plated Ma Deuce on a chest harness for years, and their cardiologist never noticed. So could it really work?  ;)

Oddly enough, I had the first comment (sort of) on my OWB holster today. The bottom of it became visible, under the hem of my t-shirt, when I sat down in a restaurant booth. An old gentleman stopped by as he was leaving, and asked if I was a police officer.

I'm not really advocating open carry on this as much as just making a point for one day. Enough people would notice, especially if they twittered and facebooked and instagramed and snap chatted (WTH is snap chat, anyway?) about it as well.

Not that I'm against open carry. In an ideal world open carry would be completely unremarkable, and the only reason I'd do it is because of style/fashon, not politics.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
I'm going "all in" on this. I'll be ordering a suppressor, then cladding it in a gigantic dildo, attaching it to my carry gun, and OCing that bad boy.

#cocksnotGlocks

#XDwithaCockEvenBetter
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »
I'm going "all in" on this. I'll be ordering a suppressor, then cladding it in a gigantic dildo, attaching it to my carry gun, and OCing that bad boy.

#cocksnotGlocks

#XDwithaCockEvenBetter

Alright, seriously, the mall ninja'd, over accessoriesed, ugly ass guns are bad enough.

Can we please rise above the idiots and go in another direction?

Instead, let us promote positive aesthetic for our open carry movement. Pretty guns. Classic guns. Guns that make other gun nuts nod with approval and say "wow, that is an impressive side arm."

Not "OMG! I don't know if you're happy to see me or just packing?!?"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »
Alright, seriously, the mall ninja'd, over accessorized, ugly ass guns are bad enough.

Instead, let us promote positive aesthetic for our open carry movement. Pretty guns. Classic guns. Guns that make other gun nuts nod with approval and say "wow, that is an impressive side arm."

You just envy him and his accessory  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »
Alright, seriously, the mall ninja'd, over accessoriesed, ugly ass guns are bad enough.

Instead, let us promote positive aesthetic for our open carry movement. Pretty guns.

So, you've got an EAA Pavona on order?  Purple with sparkles.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »
You just envy him and his accessory  :laugh:

Don't you know it! It's why I have guns, after all! (I think. I still get confused about the whole 'packing to compensate' in regards to woman and guns)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:01 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvlOLGNPs4

The internet is amazing.  Literally the first thing when you google image "gun penis grips"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
If one wanted to be all tactical, would they go with a black dildo or would that be a racism microaggression trigger?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »
[][]

Ok, here's some that might fit that request...

Artful perhaps?

Compensating?

For the ladies?

Huh?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvlOLGNPs4

The internet is amazing.  Literally the first thing when you google image "gun penis grips"

I really just don't know what to think of that...

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 08:35:49 AM »
It's time to move the discussion into the realm of reality:

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006/03/court-guns-and-bbq-guns.html

It is so sad that until 2016 Texans will still be prevented from wearing pretties anywhere except their back yards.

And even then it sounds like except for first-day novelty few of them are planning to OC anyway.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 05:30:01 PM »
Posted for relevance...
http://www.newnownext.com/alabama-walmart-mistakenly-stocks-gun-counter-with-gun-oil-lube/10/2015/
(sexual lubricant accidentally put out with gun supplies)
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Amusing Campus Carry Protest
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 03:05:14 PM »

I'll do one better.....

On a specific day at a specific time, campus carry supporters attending classes should stand up in class, take one of the cheap, brightly colored water pistols out from concealment, lay it on the desk, and walk out of the room. Something like that happening in multiple classrooms on multiple campuses nationwide should drive home the point more clearly than the "empty holster" protests.....

....and, if you can get a water pistol that looks like a dildo, you get extra credit at UT....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Re: Amusing Campus Carry Protest
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »
I'll do one better.....

On a specific day at a specific time, campus carry supporters attending classes should stand up in class, take one of the cheap, brightly colored water pistols out from concealment, lay it on the desk, and walk out of the room. Something like that happening in multiple classrooms on multiple campuses nationwide should drive home the point more clearly than the "empty holster" protests.....

....and, if you can get a water pistol that looks like a dildo, you get extra credit at UT....

If they also "came out" as homosexual/transgendered/transracial/whatever, that would make things all kinds of interesting...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife