Author Topic: Fed Employees - Travel Order Question  (Read 5848 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Re: Fed Employees - Travel Order Question
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 01:03:01 AM »
As we were saying before we were so rudely interrupted:
Chris,
I don't mind responding to you, but I can't begin to explain how offensive that ahole got--real fast. Please put up a firewall to block his IP address. For Evar.

Facts:
1. 101 miles from casa del Leatherneck to Pax River.
2. 72 miles from Pentagon to Pax River.
3. I often attend all-day (read: 0800-1600) meetings, discussions, test events, etc. at Pax River as part of my job.
4. I travel via POV when I do so. Authorized on a permanent basis.
5. Such trips are classified as "local travel" under DoD travel regulations, and we're entitled to reimbursement at a per-mile rate for same. (You may recall this was the point of the original discussion before Butthead hijacked it.)
6. The reimbursement is based on how far the destination is from the duty station; in my case, the Pentagon.
7. In lieu of leaving at 0430 and traveling to the Pentagon in rush hour, I opt to leave at 0600 from home and taking the longer route through Fredericksburg, King George, Dahlgren, and the 301 bridge to Pax River: longer distance, but faster in the morning. Same logic in reverse at night.
8. Such days are normally long ones, for which I get no extra compensation beyond travel mileage.
9. I wind up filing a travel claim for the (shorter) mileage from Pentagon to Pax, although I don't actually do that. I lose.
Tom
TC
RT Refugee

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Fed Employees - Travel Order Question
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »
But is what you lose worth the headache to claim it?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!