Author Topic: Son of a Bee-itch  (Read 5844 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Son of a Bee-itch
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:30:48 AM »
I was attacked en mass by bees yesterday. The little buggers got me seven times while I was mowing.
They sustained one confirmed kill and gave away their base location.

I was brutally stabbed twice on the inside of my right ankle, once on the outside of my right knee, once on the outside of my left calf, once on my left thumb, and once on the tender underside of my left cheek.

The final coup-de-grace was the vicious assault on my scrotum. That is when the bees had their first KIA.

The amazing part is that they attacked simultaneously. The little bastages.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

alex_trebek

• friend
Re: Son of a Bee-itch
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 03:16:06 AM »
Did you call in for air support?  Artillery? 

Hutch

• friend
Re: Son of a Bee-itch; Counterattack!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:21:19 AM »
Definately time for a counterattack.  Since the base has been disclosed, chemical and/or incendiary attack is the appropriate response.  Take no prisoners, offer no quarter.  If you wait till dusk, you'll catch the sentries unaware. 
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:29:10 AM »
Hey, I got nailed a couple times myself the other day. I can assure you the counter assault on that particular base of operation was swift and decisive.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 04:45:39 AM »
I'd probably be in the hospital.  I'm not allergic to bees like most people who die after one sting, but I'm also not immune to them either.  Lots of swelling, LOTS of pain.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 04:52:11 AM »
Nuke em! Though not as bad as you, I got into a mess of poison oak and am now paying for it. Next time I will be more cautious when cleaning out brush in the back yard!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 04:52:22 AM »
What in the world were you wearing that they were able to access your scrotum? Or maybe I don't wanna know......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 04:57:58 AM »
Heh heh.  Due to being stung by bees, I discovered why the dinosaurs died out.

I was cutting the grass and suddenly I was having a great deal of pain around my ankles and moving up my calves.  I took a couple more steps while saying WTF!!
Then I stupidly stared down for another couple seconds and watched as these really small bee's continued to sting my legs.  Suddenly!! LUCIDITY!!  Much motion and cursing and swatting, leaping, unusual contortions!!

They were some kind of small, nasty bee that were hiving up near the ground between the cracks of RR ties that I used to terrace an area.  I went to the hardware and got some long range killer bee juice and saturated the area.  Problem solved.

Oh, about the dinosaurs.  Big body, small brain.  Just like me.  Stand there and get stung while pondering why am I in pain.  I imagine they did the same thing.  Stood around while something ate them because they were too stupid to run.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 05:00:49 AM »
yep, them tiny bees pack quite a wallop.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 05:48:03 AM »
I've never hear of tiny bees.  What part of the country is this?

I guess Killer Bees are supposed to be in this area, but I've never seen them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
Michigan.  Those critters weren't much larger than a fly.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Umber

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 07:06:29 AM »
Yellow jackets, maybe?

Umber

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 07:17:42 AM »
And this is why I don't wear kilts.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »
Yellow jackets, maybe?

Umber

Yep. Tiny bee-like things, nesting in the ground, vicious sting = Yellow Jackets
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

jrfoxx

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
I'm from MI originally, and we used to have TONS of tiny bees, about the size of an average black ant. We used to call them "sweat bee's" as they seemed to be attracted to people who were sweaty, but left most others alone unless you disturb the hive. They like to nest at ground level near or in dead wood. They also could sting more than once. Rumor once they actually bite, not sting, but I dont know, as I dont know what they really are. Much smaller than yellow jackets, but same coloaration (probly just a yellow jacket sub-species or something, but they were less that 1/4 they size of regular yellow jackets, as there were plenty of them around also, so you could see they werent the same bee just being misidentified) though. MI has tons of those too, along with wasps. "sweat bee" stings sure felt just as painful as any other bee to me, which is inpressive given thier tiny size. Dont know anybody who didnt at one point or another run into a nest and get chewed up pretty good. Very unpleasant.

A can of starter fluid with the red tube to make a longer range liquid stream, and a lighter was a favorite method of beehive dispatch with kids. Flaming bees serve as a warning to others, and other bees dont have a hive to take over like if you just Raid them.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »
yep, them tiny bees pack quite a wallop.

Yes they do!  I got stung by one last year.  I was mowing at a customer's house, and the little buggers had a hive in the ground at the base of a tree.  One came up and stung me on the wrist.  My hand and forearm were swollen for three days!

Normally, a bee sting hurts for five minutes, goes numb for thirty, and is totally gone by the end of the day.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
Yup, buddy of mine got stung by one on the hand, his hand blew up like a balloon. They're so small he was ignoring them, at first. We're in CT.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »
owwww!
it hurts to even read this!
If I ever move to some place with a lawn, I aint  mowing anymore
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
I suspect our fireants would give them some competition for territory. 

We have plenty of yellow jackets, but they normally stay up higher.  I know there are some wasps and bumblebees that hive up low or in the ground, but bumblebees are the only ones I have heard of swarming. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 01:14:13 PM »
I concede that you win pun of the week award for your thread title.
One day at a time.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
Employ NBCs against any bunkers or entrenchments you run across. Suggest you play Ride of the Valkyries loudly whilst doing so.

This is one of the reasons I practically never wear shorts.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
A bunch of hornets flew up my pant leg one evening at dusk when I was helping a friend put up a dipole.
I looked down at my leg wondering how on earth it had caught fire.  I couldn't see any flames.  Took awhile to figure out what was happening.  Thirty plus stings.
Found out I could run fast up a steep brush-covered embankment when sufficiently motivated.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 03:55:49 PM »
Most likely not bees but ground nesting yellow jackets. Multiple stinging is the rule and very territorially aggressive. Sorry for your pain bro. They don't come out at night. When it gets dark not just dusk go out to where you found them and paste em good. Don't bring a flashlight.

I caught a bee in the eye/nose right on the tear duct while riding in my PU. Had the vent window open and tho he was D.O.A. when he hit me his stinger was in the right position. Truck and me went down in the ditch at about 60 and came out at about 100 it felt like crossed the road into the other ditch up and at em all wheels out of ground contact. Into the field. I probably killed 100 bushels of soybeans. By the time the wife got there my face looked like elephant boy. All the time my bud was in the passenger seat with a death grip on the dash. His handprints are still there. Worst part was he got incontinent.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »
What in the world were you wearing that they were able to access your scrotum? Or maybe I don't wanna know......
If there was ever an argument against the wearing of kilts  laugh
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »
Nylon exercise shorts.  A little loose.

Definately time for a counterattack.  Since the base has been disclosed, chemical and/or incendiary attack is the appropriate response.  Take no prisoners, offer no quarter.  If you wait till dusk, you'll catch the sentries unaware. 

Nah, they get to live for now.  My wife talked me out of a counter attack.

I concede that you win pun of the week award for your thread title.

Where's my prize?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?