Author Topic: On the new magazine/news article policy....  (Read 5837 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: On the new magazine/news article policy....
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:45 AM »
We have a Vorlon in our midst.

I know you are.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
But what am I?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
Don't you have to submit paperwork and whatnot in order to copyright something? What is the difference to reading it on there site and reading the copied text here?  If the text is copyrighted then how can we even post links to the site, shouldn't the website link also be copyrighted? And finally, how are we supposed to talk about specific parts if we are not allowed to post it?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 01:48:04 AM »
Well. What do you call several lawyers at the bottom of the Ocean?

Crab bait.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
Don't you have to submit paperwork and whatnot in order to copyright something? What is the difference to reading it on there site and reading the copied text here?  If the text is copyrighted then how can we even post links to the site, shouldn't the website link also be copyrighted? And finally, how are we supposed to talk about specific parts if we are not allowed to post it?

Simple....we don't refer to the articles....we just make it up....that's what the news folks do....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
Don't you have to submit paperwork and whatnot in order to copyright something? What is the difference to reading it on there site and reading the copied text here?  If the text is copyrighted then how can we even post links to the site, shouldn't the website link also be copyrighted? And finally, how are we supposed to talk about specific parts if we are not allowed to post it?

Actually no, you don't.  Copywrite registration is voluntary and just gives you more concrete legal standing with you work.  

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
Just curious, why is the policy here different than thr.us ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin