Author Topic: Oklahoma- Major Earthquake! NEW QUAKE - DATA!  (Read 5825 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Oklahoma- Major Earthquake! NEW QUAKE - DATA!
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:27 AM »
Glad I'm ready for any SHTF situations, we just had a major (well, for us anyway =D) earthquake here in the Sooner State.
A whopping 4.7.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/usb0006k8b.php
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:15:28 AM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Oklahoma- Major Earthquake!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »
There have been small earthquakes happening now for the past several years.

But earthquakes in Oklahoma and we had rain here in Kuwait.  Although it was not even enough to settle the dust it has happened the past three or four days straight.  The sky here right now kind of reminds me of a winter day back home.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
Must be global warming.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »
It's Bush's fault.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »
No, it's the Fistful Fault, which runs through Misssouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
No, it's the Fistful Fault,

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! :laugh:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
No, it's the Fistful Fault, which runs through Misssouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma  :lol:

Early thread win.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »

Well he does live up around St Louis.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »
Woke me up in an annoyed manner about an hour early before work.  :mad: 

(Ex-) Neighbors next door had apparently decided that the easiest way to move large furniture out of their apartment was to take a large hammer to it all and haul it out in pieces, and then the apartment "renovation" crew apparently thought the best way to mop, dust, and sweep was with a Pratt and Whitney JT-8D run at 105% all day Friday, so my first thought was that it was more of that.  Then a picture above my bed landed on me, and I figured something else was up.

No damage other than a chipped picture frame and a pair of bleary eyes.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 12:04:27 AM »
Holy CRAP! We just had another quake!this one was noticeably stronger than the 4.7 early this morning.

ETA: this one came in at a 5.2

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/usb0006klz.php

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:07:34 AM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Oklahoma- Major Earthquake! NEW QUAKE - DATA!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 12:23:28 AM »

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

After an "event review" it's been revised to a 5.6.  TEOTWAWKI!!

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:28 AM »

The scary part is what happened to the people?!?!?!? :O
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 12:51:13 AM »

Apparently it also runs through Kansas. My brother just called me and said he just felt one where he lives, Wichita area.  :O said they had one last night but he was asleep.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
Apparently it also runs through Kansas. My brother just called me and said he just felt one where he lives, Wichita area.  :O said they had one last night but he was asleep.

He is feeling the ones in Oklahoma.

On FB and family and friends in the Kansas City area felt it as well as up into Iowa.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:05:31 AM by wmenorr67 »

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
One of my friends is a reporter for one of the local stations in OKC.  She posted this screen shot from their evening broadcast:

=D

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
The scary part is what happened to the people?!?!?!? :O

They just went to the cooler to grab another beer.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
One of my friends is a reporter for one of the local stations in OKC.  She posted this screen shot from their evening broadcast:

=D

Actually, many years ago we thought the world was coming to an end one morning with booming and earth shaking.  :O

It turned out that a range cow was scratching herself on the bedroom corner of our 10x50 trailer  :lol:

My guess is that Will Rodgers is turning over in his grave  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 08:44:55 PM »
My guess is that Will Rodgers is turning over in his grave

Maybe, but if Will Rogers was turning over in his grave the epicenter would be Claremore, OK. Quite a bit further east than what the USGS has reported.

Samuel Adams

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
Holy CRAP! We just had another quake!this one was noticeably stronger than the 4.7 early this morning.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/usb0006klz.php

That one I felt.

=D

Heh. For me, I was sitting on the bed, and thought it was a cat madly scratching itself in the vicinity.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 05:26:49 PM »
My roommate noted that the house shook right around 11:00PM.  (In Kansas City)

I was out at a bar with some friends; didn't notice anything unusual.  =)

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
And just another this instant, during a thunderstorm.

Okay, powers-that-be. WTF is going on?  ???
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »
Was it an earthquake, or did you make chili again?

Ok, USGS says 4.7 just now, so I guess you're off the hook for this one.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:08:56 PM by Azrael256 »

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
Preposterous!

A pot of Bourbon Black Beans is not chili!

Although...  ;/ :P
"And are you?"
-Douglas Adams