Author Topic: Are Liberals, liberals because they've lead Pampered Lives?  (Read 5842 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Are Liberals, liberals because they've lead Pampered Lives?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »
And, of course, the entire argument is just the usual sniping between 'enemies.' "My opponent is too stupid to have reached his stated beliefs through a process of rational choice," thus they are a product of This Easy and Insulting Explanation.

Do not confuse (your) disagreement with being right.
Yup.

I am much more comfy debating figures, first principles, & the like.

But, then maybe I am like the drunk who is looking for his car keys under the street light because it is too dark to see elsewhere.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

Winston Churchill
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »
gampster is on the money about causes and effects.

Note that for all their posturing about oil companies and criticism of ME policies, the Dems are conspicuously silent on nuclear energy. That's all one needs to see to know exactly how serious they are about energy independence. It is even more curious when one notes that France, the Dem elites' favorite country, obtains 80% of its energy from nuclear power plants.

Joe, if you feel the liberals are being criticizied unfairly, would you care to be more specific and refute the leveled charges?

wooderson, IIRC in another thread about your M1, we saw a glimpse of what looks like a white truck, perhaps a F150? How does driving a guzzler rest well with your contempt for oil companies and the service they provide you?

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:50 AM »
Levelled charges?  Feh.  Why don't you task me with something the thread actually permits:  refute the unfounded assertions?  I'm sorry, but I can't prove that liberals don't lead pampered lives...any more than you can prove they can.  There is nothing to debate here.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

Len Budney

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 02:15:15 AM »
Levelled charges?  Feh.  Why don't you task me with something the thread actually permits:  refute the unfounded assertions?  I'm sorry, but I can't prove that liberals don't lead pampered lives...any more than you can prove they can.  There is nothing to debate here.

Maybe we can start a new thread and run two non-debates in parallel? Perhaps, "Do 'Conservatives' embrace statism because they had weak fathers?"  grin

Libertarians can then take potshots in both threads.  cool

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 02:39:21 AM »
I live in Portland, Oregon and the liberals are freaking everywhere.  Sure, there are pampered ones and those that work their asses off.  However, the common thread I see with liberals that I don't see with the conservatives is this.  Liberals want their problems solved by the government entities, the conservatives are busy trying to address those problems for themselves.

Beyond that, as you were.  I'm not touching the energy policy because it's very clear our government doesn't give a *expletive deleted*it about what we think because it's obvious they are bought and paid for.  I don't think the oil companies are evil, I just think they have such a strangle hold on our governmental process that they get whatever the hell they want.  The current administration for example, is basted in f***ing oil.  I'd really like to see the amount of patents big oil has locked up that would make the oil go farther.  But greed being what it is, there's no profit in that.

In regards to the energy of a car, you're dumping 2/3 of that available energy away as heat out your exhaust pipe.  There have been solutions to this problem since the 30's, but the oil companies snapped them up and bought everyone out that came up with high mileage improvements like vaporizing carburetors and the like.  Okay, this has nothing to do with the liberal/conservative difference debate, so I'll stop.

jeepmor
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »
And here I have always assumed that "liberalism" was caused by poor potty-training, if not out-right child abuse.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Len Budney

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 03:56:12 AM »
... the common thread I see with liberals that I don't see with the conservatives is this.  Liberals want their problems solved by the government entities, the conservatives are busy trying to address those problems for themselves...

So conservatives don't want Big Daddy Bush to save them from the cwuel dangewous tewwowists?

That's wonderful news! You've made my day.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 04:17:38 AM »
Before this devolves into more attempts by various members to start a fight...

Locked.

Chris