Author Topic: Now this is nice  (Read 6367 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Now this is nice
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:05 AM »
Outlaw coffee and I'll do something similar.

...and I'd buy you the entrenching tool....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 06:50:07 AM »
The Boston Tea Party was neither lawful, nor entirely peaceful. 

Quite. Do you want us to return to this kind of behavior? Thought so.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:23:22 AM »
Gee Rev... tell us how you REALLY feel! Holding back like that... ain't healthy, bro!  :laugh:

On a bet, I quit smoking for a week.  They doubled the bet to apply to caffiene.  On the second day, around lunch, one of my less intelligent buddies was waving an ice cold Mtn Dew (1 liter, my favorite, just a HAIR above freezing) in front of my face.  Folks did warn him in advance that it was A Bad Idea (tm).   Somehow according to witnesses, I levitated up and over a table from the sitting position in a rapid manner, landed with both feet on his chest.   I have no memory of this. 

Amen, brother Revdisk!

Blessings of the sacred green liquid upon you too, brother Avenger.

Your antiquated "soda" of past decades has been surpassed both in shocking colors and amount of stimulants.

And then there is "Redline" energy drink, which will mess you up. YES THE WARNING IS JUSTIFIED!!!
It's been described, by actual recovered addicts, as very similar to the effects of cocaine. Do not drink it with alcohol, you will die. Drinking it by itself, it'll just kick you in the ass and make you want to climb walls for hours. Some people have had hallucinations, even. I'm not quite sure how they sell it, really...

Your heretical "antiquation" charges will be remembered and recorded!  Heresy, I say, heresy!

The lawless ruffins known as the Sons of Liberty eventually became the parts of the Committees of Safety.  Many of their leaders were those whom signed the Constitution. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
Your antiquated "soda" of past decades has been surpassed both in shocking colors and amount of stimulants. :)

And then there is "Redline" energy drink, which will mess you up. YES THE WARNING IS JUSTIFIED!!! :O
It's been described, by actual recovered addicts, as very similar to the effects of cocaine. Do not drink it with alcohol, you will die. Drinking it by itself, it'll just kick you in the ass and make you want to climb walls for hours. Some people have had hallucinations, even. I'm not quite sure how they sell it, really...

That sounds...interesting. I've got to order some of that!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
Brawndo is more than interesting. It's funny. Check out my sig.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:00:38 PM by freedom lover »

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »

Wanna drink soda? OK, but do it too much and lay around doing nothing and you'll be fat.  Wanna smoke?  Ok, but you increase the chance that you'll get cancer.  Wanna smoke marijuana? OK, but do it too much and if you aren't the self-motivated type already then you'll become even more apathetic, and may become addicted to the stuff.

Fixed 'em for you.  =D
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
I've never heard of weed being addictive. I have heard of plenty of other problems with it.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »

What are you talking about?  Do you view the BTP as positive, or negative? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »

What are you talking about?  Do you view the BTP as positive, or negative? 

My guess is he was being sarcastic. It is Micro, after all.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »
I was hoping that everybody would agree that BTP-type behavior is not yet morally justifiable, or desirable as a tactic.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
I was hoping that everybody would agree that BTP-type behavior is not yet morally justifiable, or desirable as a tactic.

MB, if anyone disagreed, would they be stupid enough to admit so in a public manner?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 12:56:15 AM »

Agreement tends to depend on identification with the parties-blacks in America before the 60's lived under much more harsh and tyrannical oppression than the Boston Tea Partiers, but generally the equivalent acts have not been celebrated as victories on the road to liberty.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:11:33 AM by shootinstudent »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:13 AM »

You mean, do I want to see people carrying out those sorts of protests against high taxes, or gun control, or whatever?  I don't know if the comparison really holds.  The two situations are much different, therefore the tactics should be different.  What would be an act of revolution in one situation would be regrettable lawlessness in another.

The same goes for "equivalent acts" by Black Americans in the segregation era.  If the American Revolutionaries had been in the same situation as Martin Luther King, they would today be a footnote in history, having been easily crushed, with only a trail of blood spilled in vain to mark them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife