Author Topic: Blarrghh.  (Read 4271 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Blarrghh.
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »
I have a cat, all it does is poop on everything. :(
And no, it's an old Pact my uncle gave me because he got one of those super new RCBS Chargemasters.
The thing barely works, I have to calibrate it for every charge and I'm still not convinced it's accurate.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »
If you can afford to, save up for an RCBS RangeMaster 750. 750gr capacity, .1gr resolution, and a really great scale with an AC adapter.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »
If you can afford to, save up for an RCBS RangeMaster 750. 750gr capacity, .1gr resolution, and a really great scale with an AC adapter.
Looks nice.  RCBS seems to make good scales.
I know that the ChargeMaster is pretty amazing.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=772151
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
Sure way not to lose a recoil spring plug. Point it at your face while stripping. Don't worry, you'll be able to find it with your good eye after it bounces off of you.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
As nice as that seems, at more than three times the cost of an RM750, it's just too much for me. I load a lot of rounds for accuracy, weighing every load, but... automation isn't worth THAT much to me. :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 02:15:55 AM »
Looks nice.  RCBS seems to make good scales.
I know that the ChargeMaster is pretty amazing.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=772151

That's the one I have and that PTK there has been looking forward to having access to. It has probably decreased my load times by a factor of 5 at least. Really great for throwing out those 248 grain charges quickly. :)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »
Sure way not to lose a recoil spring plug. Point it at your face while stripping. Don't worry, you'll be able to find it with your good eye after it bounces off of you.
I probably did have it pointed at my face, then said "That's probably bad!" and when I turned it away is when it slipped.
Stupid me. :(
As nice as that seems, at more than three times the cost of an RM750, it's just too much for me. I load a lot of rounds for accuracy, weighing every load, but... automation isn't worth THAT much to me. :lol:
Yea, I got nothing better to do when reloading, but it would be nice.  I think there's a lot of cool factor...factoring in, too.
That's the one I have and that PTK there has been looking forward to having access to. It has probably decreased my load times by a factor of 5 at least. Really great for throwing out those 248 grain charges quickly. :)
I think the reason he got it was for his .50 BMG.  Instead of throwing six loads up powder and then trickling up he just pushes one button.  Takes a while, but eventually, 'beeeep.'

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
Let us know when you find it so we can all stop worrying!
 :P
7-11 was a part time job.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 10:07:01 PM »
Will do, bro.
Will do.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 12:40:50 AM »
I think the reason he got it was for his .50 BMG.  Instead of throwing six loads up powder and then trickling up he just pushes one button.  Takes a while, but eventually, 'beeeep.'

That's one of the cartridges I use it for. When loading pistol cartridges it dispenses fast enough that I can fill a case, set it down and by the time I've grabbed a new case it's got the next measure ready. With the BMG loads though I can take the newly filled case, put it in the press, seat the bullet, put the finished cartridge in a box and fetch the next primed empty casing in the time it takes to finish a single measure. That's actually kinda useful in keeping me from double charging since I'm immediately seating a bullet after dumping in the powder.  =D

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 11:01:49 AM »
Yea, takes a lot of stuff out that you'd normally mess up.
His overcharges by a grain or less sometimes, but very infrequently.  It really is a sweet piece of hardware.
I tried to get him to let me borrow it since mine is out of commission.  No dice.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
I lurves me my chargemaster.  It's great for doing rifle ammo on a single stage or for working up loads.  I love the autorun feature.  Loads up the pan. take pan, dump powder into case, replace pan, and it automatically dispenses the next charge.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy