Author Topic: According to some guy, we live inside of a black hole.  (Read 6570 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
According to some guy, we live inside of a black hole.
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
Via Gajitz.com:
http://gajitz.com/hole-sweet-home-universe-may-exist-inside-black-hole/
Summary:  Crazy guy from some other country says that we live inside of a black hole in some other universe and that every black hole in our galaxy potentially houses other universes.

Disclaimer:  I have never heard of this website.  The article popped up in an ad while I uploaded a retarded image for the solar storm thread.

Personal opinion:  I would donate money to a single manned mission for him to personally explore all black holes for signs of universes.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: According to some guy, we live inside of a black hole.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:54 AM »
Hmm...  Interesting theory.  You'd expect to see mass being added in that case, but who nows?  The time dilation could be such that the 'big bang' was when the hole formed, and we're still living 'in that moment'. 

Of course, that's opposite of what they think really happens.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
Personal opinion:  I would donate money to a single manned mission for him to personally explore all black holes for signs of universes.

I endorse this worthy cause.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:51 PM »
I can relate to living in a black hole  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
That's rascist

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
Given what we know about black holes, I'd think that anything is possible.  Except whatever this guy says.
But then again a black hole is, from my understanding, a point in space infinitely small, yet infinitely dense (and therefor, tons (yet not an infinite amount) of gravity), so who's to say wtf is going on.

If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »
The problem with (and the advantage to) his theory is that it's impossible to prove or disprove.

I've read that gravity is infinite in a black hole. No wonder I can't lose weight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
So the guy believes black holes can contain universes?

Why is this guy news? He's probably just a science-fiction reader - Frederick Pohl explored the idea in his Gateway science-fiction novels back in the '70s, where the Heechee retreated to a black hole universe to avoid The Assassins, who dwelled in the kugelblitz . . .

He seems to have taken these novels way too seriously . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »
Is there anything that hasn't been done by SciFi?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
The problem with (and the advantage to) his theory is that it's impossible to prove or disprove.

I've read that gravity is infinite in a black hole. No wonder I can't lose weight.
Perhaps you're right.  Regardless, they are extremely perplexing and from what I understand cannot 'technically' exist.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
I thought Morgan Freeman did this on "wonders of the Universe" (or whatever the name of the Science Channel show was).

Interesting theory but it suggests relational compression of everything inside the black (note: NOT capitalized, thus NOT referring to race.  :P) hole.  IOW, although everything gets scrunched together, everything gets smaller and retains the same relative space between itself and all the other parts of space that are inside the black (see note above - it's too much trouble repeating even if I use cut&paste) hole.

Sorry, I can't see that happening, no matter what a black (again, the disclaimer that this refers to absence of light and not race, as expounded twice already above) hole.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
Is there anything that hasn't been done by SciFi?

Quite arguably, no.  Some of us are simply trying to create unique characters and settings even if the circumstances and themes have been covered before.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 03:51:24 PM »
Yes, it has to do with string and "brane" theory, and how particles and forces connect like strings and membranes through higher dimensions.

It offers one possible solution to the super unification theory, or "quantum gravity". (Reconciling general/special relativity with quantum theory) One conundrum of which is the huge disparity in the strengths of some forces like how strong electromagnetism is, why a tiny Neodymium magnet can pull around hundreds of kilos (dealing in mass here..) of steel, but millions of kilos of iron in an asteroid barely has any gravity at all etc.

It might be that the force of gravity takes a much longer path through higher dimensional space than other forces do which causes it to be so weak in comparison

And in higher dimensional space, all the force lines and branes are projected as the particles and forces we see here in the "normal" 3D-4D universe, in the same way we can visualize higher dimensional objects, (like a tesseract/hypercube) as shadows in our lower dimensions. And on the higher dimensional event horizon of the universe, all the matter/energy in the Universe is projected in the way that the black holes in our universe are theorized to hold time frozen images of everything they've consumed in/on their Event Horizons.

Quite arguably, no.  Some of us are simply trying to create unique characters and settings even if the circumstances and themes have been covered before.

Higher dimensional beings, assuming they had any organs or biology remotely in common with "life as we know it" would look like abstract pulpy masses of organs that inexplicably didn't spill to the floor.  I think H.P. Lovecraft would have loved the idea if he'd thought of it, or been told it.

To a two-dimensional being, a human would look like chunks of a CT scan.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:55:14 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Deer AJ Dual,

You ramblings would be more beleivable, if you even knew how to spell B-R-A-I-N, moran.  ;/

Here's an article about a Chinese device that creates black holes that "won’t rip us apart."  See, nothing made in China works like it's supposed to.
http://gajitz.com/suck-it-up-first-artificial-black-hole-built-we-survived/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:10:08 PM by Fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »
Deer AJ Dual,

You ramblings would be more beleivable, if you even knew how to spell B-R-A-I-N, moran.  ;/

Here's an article about a Chinese device that creates black holes that "won’t rip us apart."  See, nothing made in China works like it's supposed to.

Well now you've got me worried, their server isn't responding...  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »

But then again a black hole is, from my understanding, a point in space infinitely small, yet infinitely dense.....

I would be in trouble for making an Obama reference now, wouldn't I?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
To a two-dimensional being, a human would look like chunks of a CT scan. 
Only if the two-dimensional being could shift his viewpoint off his plane of existence . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »
Heer.  [strike]B[/strike] blak hoals.  Me hapy noaw.  Can see event horeyezin.  U hapy alsoa?

can see long strings two

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:36:02 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »
Interesting.

If one is sucked past the event horizon of a black hole, isn't the amount of time the person or object experiences eternity while an outside observer would litterally see them diasappear in a flash?
If our universe is in a black hole wouldn't our eternity 'end' sooner or later than the eternity of the universe that contains that black hole?

I hope my 7 year old son doesn't get wind of this. The last time he read or saw something about black holes, he woke me up at 2 in the morning to ask me what happens if two black holes collide with eachother. ??? :facepalm:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

220_SWIFT

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »
Deer AJ Dual,

Or spell M-O-R-O-N.............. ;/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
Or spell M-O-R-O-N..............

Uh, there are no dashes in 'moron.' Just giving you a heads up.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »
Interesting.

If one is sucked past the event horizon of a black hole, isn't the amount of time the person or object experiences eternity while an outside observer would litterally see them diasappear in a flash?
If our universe is in a black hole wouldn't our eternity 'end' sooner or later than the eternity of the universe that contains that black hole?

I hope my 7 year old son doesn't get wind of this. The last time he read or saw something about black holes, he woke me up at 2 in the morning to ask me what happens if two black holes collide with eachother. ??? :facepalm:

It depends on the size of the black hole.

The time dialation is dependant on the gravitational gradient. At or near the singularity it's at or near infinite (maybe) and that does not depend on the size/mass of the hole.

On a mega-sized one, the mass of several thousand or million stars, like sits at the core of the galactic center, the gravitational gradient/tidal-forces (your feet getting pulled on harder than your head, ripping you apart) aren't as bad, or even noticeable at first.  The gradient is still relatively smooth at the event horizon.

An outside observer would see you disappear. From your vantage point, since the light is still falling into the event horizon, you can still see "out". Just that you or any radiation can no longer go "up" at that point, since the event horizon isn't a physical thing, merely the distance from the singularity at which escape velocity is greater than the speed of light.

Time external time seems to run faster and faster as you fall deeper into the center, but I'd suspect that tidal forces would destroy anything, even unbinding atoms before time stopped completely. Although I think it's one of the paradoxes that at the heart of a singularity, from the outside reference frame, time moves so slowly that the mass/energy falling into it hasn't yet reached the actual singularity yet. In a sort of Einsteinian "Zeno's paradox" the mass energy falling into a black hole may never ever reach a singularity.

Of course, it's anyone's guess as to what happens inside a singularity. Any and all reason to all laws about space, time, energy, mass, and quantum mechanics could just come apart at those energy densities and gravitational gradients.
I promise not to duck.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »
Well...what happens?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
Well...what happens?

They spin about each other spiraling in faster and faster until the event horizons touch and they start to merge.

Detecting such an event is one of the holy grails of astronomy. There have been gravity wave experiments to look for the signals in space-time created by such rapidly spinning huge masses.

However, the sensitivity required is insane. Even if you bury the detector in a mine.. The gravity from the sun/moon/tides, magma moving below the crust, traffic going down a highway five miles up and ten miles over, the planets in our own solar system etc. is much much stronger.

IMO it would probably take a formation of probes in solar orbit, several thousand or even million miles apart, linked by laser interferometers to detect it.
I promise not to duck.