Author Topic: Millcreek, cycling stuff  (Read 851 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »
Hey a long time ago there was a cycling thread and you mentioned a set of pedals similar to speedplay.  It occured to me out of the blue you were thinking of the "Bebop" pedals.
http://www.bebop.com/index/home.html
That's all,
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:15:19 AM »
I have a set of those on my mtn bike.  Good pedals...

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »
Wow, aren't those an interesting design.  They sure look pretty bomb-proof.  Thanks for the heads up, Jason.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:40:13 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cosine

• Administrator
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »
Tagged for the future. Smiley
Andy

mtnbkr

• friend
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 02:05:06 AM »
Millcreek, they are pretty bombproof, but the cleats are larger than SPD style cleats.  I had to carve on my shoes to let them fit.  The benefits of those pedals are more float and the ability to "step in" easier.  They have so much float, you think you're disconnected if you're used to SPD pedals.

My set are about 7years old, but haven't seen much use in the past 5 years.  Still, they held up for a season of racing, an MS150 and the Seagull Century, plus the associated training that goes with all that.  I've replaced the cleats once, but I probably didn't have to.  At the time, I was afraid the company was going to fade away, so I replaced the cleats while I knew I could still get a set.  That was 4 years ago.  I'm happy to see they're still around and doing well.

Chris

crt360

• friend
Millcreek, cycling stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »
Harry, I still have big scars from using those old Titron/Hutch/Suntour style shinskinners.  When Shimano came out with the DX, it changed my life.
For entertainment purposes only.