Author Topic: Democrats throw American flags in trash.  (Read 6088 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
Democrats throw American flags in trash.
« on: September 06, 2008, 07:45:05 AM »
I wasn't ever planning on voting for a democrat for anything other than local anyway, but this just makes my blood boil.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2070971/posts

For two days RedState has been at the Democratic Convention trying to find American flags.

Sure, when the television cameras come on for prime time network coverage, the Democrats have been passing out flags like candy.

But when the prime time lights are not on, and for the entire time Tuesday night, including during prime time, there have been no American flags: not in the crowd, not on the stage, not in the hallways  nowhere.

Well, we finally found some American flags.

They were in the trash.

Words can't describe the anger in me at this disgrace. I guess next on the list is spitting on the tombs of the unknown soldiers.

Update: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/06/mccain-camp-to-chastise-dems-for-discarding-american-flags/
ohn McCains presidential campaign appears prepared to chastise Democrats over leaving behind piles of miniature American flags after Barack Obamas nomination acceptance speech last Thursday in Denver.

Boy Scouts reportedly have arrived with at least two dozen trash bags full of the flags at the site of a McCain rally scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m. in Colorado Springs.

The campaign says the flags were recovered from Invesco Field after the Democrats concluded their convention there, and they are going to be used as part of the warm-up ceremonies before McCain takes the stage for the rally.
So the Republicans are going to use the flags the democrats didn't want. More stuff like this and I'm voting for McCain instead of Barr.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Democrats throw American flags in trash.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »
How will they be disposed of after the rally in the 'Springs?  I can't help but wonder.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
The only flag I ever got at a political rally is in my room flying from the top of my dresser. I hope they store them properly for the next rally or let the people have them.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
We still have a flag from a rally during the 2000 election debacle.  I even have a picture of my daughter holding it last year for the 4th of July.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:35:07 PM »
I'd untwist the panties a bit. Do you expect them to carefully fold and burn each one? Any time an event is held wheremini flags are passed out, they ended up trashed.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
I'd untwist the panties a bit. Do you expect them to carefully fold and burn each one? Any time an event is held wheremini flags are passed out, they ended up trashed.

Nope, not here. They collect them at the exit if you don't want them. They don't get put in the trash.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »

Concur.
Zeke

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
I saw an article earlier than someone got hold of a bunch of them and was handing them out at a McCain campaign stop.  Smiley

People are pretty laid back about flag handling these days.  The only people I see who take it really seriously are former Military.  I try to take it seriously, but it isn't something that comes to mind always.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
It is a bit sad - not so much the physical aspect of a 'flag in a trash bag' - but there is perhaps a deeper metaphor to be conjured from those pictures.

I don't get so angry about it anymore. Sad maybe, but not angry.

Edit: To the O.P.: Not Barr's fault.  grin

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »
I guarantee you could find the same thing after the RNC. 

It's not like they were burning them to show They Hate America.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »
theres a guarantee with a lot behind it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 04:46:54 PM »
Notice that there's an Obama sign in the trash as well. It's simple logic to those who don't know any better/don't care - when you're done with something, you typically just throw it away. Doesn't mean they hate America or hate Obama.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
My only thought would be, that at something "so historic," you would keep these things.  Am I wrong?
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 05:23:09 PM »

They could simply give them to the local VFW, American Legion, or Boy Scout group, to name three who would gladly take them.

It's not like they were burning them to show They Hate America.

It'd be better than simply tossing them in the trash.
Look, tiny text!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
i spent almost a decade at the mayflower in dc. we handled quite a few political functions from both sides of the aisle.  and they were always both  pretty good about flag ettiquette. but then again they were pros not the once every four years wannabes.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »
Well what would you expect them to do, recycle.... oh, wait.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »
The only people I see who take it really seriously are former Military former military, current military, and citizens that give a damn.
Fixed it for you.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »
Any evidence these weren't thrown on the ground by the people they were handed out to, then swept up and trashed?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
I suspect many people aren't well versed on flag etiquette, or don't care much if they are.  I've never been in the military, but I adhere to it strictly. 

Some rather awkward moments have occurred when at 4th of July parties I've asked for different napkins, because I refused to wipe my face or hands with an American flag.   undecided

Regarding those flags in the trash, I'm sure there are some Boy Scout troops who would gladly take them to place on veterans' graves on Memorial Day.  They should have been collected.

Oldskoolfan

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 06:43:19 AM »
I was at the Ron Paul "Campaign for Liberty" rally in Minnesota recently.  And the security guards were forcing people to throw them into the trash.  I myself had to throw one out and I felt guilty. 

The flag is nothing but a piece of cloth or paper.  It is a symbol.  What it stands for is much more important and in beliefs as long as we remember those things it stands for that is what is important.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 06:49:36 AM »
I was at the Ron Paul "Campaign for Liberty" rally in Minnesota recently.  And the security guards were forcing people to throw them into the trash.  I myself had to throw one out and I felt guilty. 

The flag is nothing but a piece of cloth or paper.  It is a symbol.  What it stands for is much more important and in beliefs as long as we remember those things it stands for that is what is important.

So you couldn't take it with you?  That is BS.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 07:37:39 AM »
I'll let the Ron Paul folks know about it.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:56 AM »

So you couldn't take it with you?  That is BS.

Probably because there's no place to put them in your wookie suit.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.