Author Topic: An interesting observation...  (Read 1239 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
An interesting observation...
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
If one leaves a gallon jug of whole milk (which was half full) in one's basement beer fridge long enough, it self-pressurizes.

I'm going to -gently- transfer it to a trashcan liner in the morning, and deposit it in the Big Green Thing.

Good thing I decided to have a beverage tonight - have been mostly dry for the past coupla months - maybe I'm getting better...

Blog under construction

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: An interesting observation...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »
Sounds like a great target.

So one time, I made some mac&cheese, and the first few bites were TERRIBLE.  I kept eating it, trying to figure out what could possibly gone wrong, there are only like 4 ingredients, right?  Well, when I found out just how chunky the milk was, I had my answer.  It was a couple of years before I could get near milk or Mac&Cheese again. 

I had a similar incident with Vodka, but that was a simple case of overconsumption.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:58:30 AM »
Mrs. Dual and I have been welcome to raid my parents fridge the weekend after Thanksgiving for leftovers for several years while my parents take in the yearly trip to Chicago to shop the miracle mile on Black Friday and take in dinner and a show.

Two year old mayonaise tastes about as bitter, and just like Acetometaphin.
I promise not to duck.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:01:45 AM »
Apple cider will do that too.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:11:06 AM »
I drink milk to fast for it to expire.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 07:34:47 AM »
Apple cider will do that too.

That's from fermentation, the ketchup bottle I used yesterday at lunch had that problem.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

LAK

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »