Author Topic: Small portable toilet idea...  (Read 5199 times)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Small portable toilet idea...
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »
...the five gallon bucket post at THR reminded me of something....

When on the road for sales I always kept an empty large soda cup from mcdonalds with me in case I had the urge to urinate.

This worked well until the midget came along.  I had to improve on the idea as she became potty trained.  I share my top secret with y'all, please, no autographs....

Empty plastic coffee can....They are like 8 or 10 bucks from Foldgers or Maxwell house at the grocery store....drink the coffee first (duh), then rinse it out, DRY IT OUT REALLY WELL, then put in a roll of toilet paper and you have a new portable toilet...BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE!!! 

If you also add plastic grocery bags (I cram them into the tp paper roll right down the middle), you can accomplish a couple of more things:
Always have something to pickup dog poop...also if you know a poop is coming, you can use these to line the coffee can (I STRONGLY suggest double bagging....otherwise, you WILL find the poop the hard way).  Let the little one squat and go, pull the bags, throw them in the trash, life is good.

For urine, you can just rinse and re-use.

It sounds simple and sort of silly, but Sammi has used mine MANY times...long rides to no where, at a fireworks show.  Mid show, she had to go.  Plop her in the back of the car, she threw a towel around her, sat and went.  We didn't need to leave the show.  Same thing at the Blue Angels show...as it gets hot, the portapotties are full of drunks and offensive odors.  Kids don't always like that.  Even functions where there are no bathrooms.

If you act now, you get an additional bonus:
The tp doubles as tissue for runny noses and spills.

The can also makes a great barf bucket if they get sick.  Then wipe their mouths with the tp, bag it and get home.

I have also had to use mine coffee can as a shovel when I got stuck and needed to get some sand.

/public service message of the day.
One day at a time.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Small portable toilet idea...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:15:20 AM »
This here is a man who has thought this through. The Pop a Squat, deluxe edition.

Sir, I salute you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:27:37 AM by lupinus »
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
This here is a man who has thought this through. The Pop a Squat, deluxe edition.

Sir, I salute you.

Take a *expletive deleted*it with style...

Paint coffee cans with krylon OD spraypaint and sell them as "emergency field toilets" for the zombie apocalypse. Probably make a good profit...Sell it along with a Crovel as a package deal...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Small portable toilet idea...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
Take a *expletive deleted* with style...

Paint coffee cans with krylon OD spraypaint and sell them as "emergency field toilets" for the zombie apocalypse. Probably make a good profit...Sell it along with a Crovel as a package deal...
Id bet good money people would buy it too

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Paint some Mayan hieroglyphics on there.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
Paint some Mayan hieroglyphics on there.

Only for a short time, the limited edition.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
One thing that I like about Montana is that it's common and acceptable to just stop and go most anywhere along the side of the road.  :lol:

Funniest thing I saw was when some lady gets out and walks around to the other side of one of those "high-boy" Ford 4x4 pickups, and then drops her pants and squats  ;/

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
I vaguely remember a coffee can controversy some years ago...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »
That's brilliant. Thank you.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
One thing that I like about Montana is that it's common and acceptable to just stop and go most anywhere along the side of the road.  :lol:

Funniest thing I saw was when some lady gets out and walks around to the other side of one of those "high-boy" Ford 4x4 pickups, and then drops her pants and squats  ;/

Yep, my kit is an army surplus e=tool and a  zip log bag with a roll of TP and some hand sanitizer wipes.

My Dad's favorite trick was to wait until I started going, then start inching the car forward.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
One thing that I like about Montana is that it's common and acceptable to just stop and go most anywhere along the side of the road.  :lol:

Funniest thing I saw was when some lady gets out and walks around to the other side of one of those "high-boy" Ford 4x4 pickups, and then drops her pants and squats  ;/

I'm not familiar with the automotive terminology there, but I'm guessing it offered neither cover nor concealment.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

I'm not familiar with the automotive terminology there, but I'm guessing it offered neither cover nor concealment.

There was lots of ground clearance under the pickup  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

birdman

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »
Yep, my kit is an army surplus e=tool and a  zip log bag with a roll of TP and some hand sanitizer wipes.

My Dad's favorite trick was to wait until I started going, then start inching the car forward.

Are we brothers?  :O

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:46 PM »
Um, people are looking at me strange. Of course maybe the coffee isle at Costco wasn't the place to try it out.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
Sure it is!
One day at a time.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
Many female truckers (more or less adult) urinate into ziplock bags of suitable size.  Too many of them dispose of the bags by flipping them out the window. :(
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »
We actually purchased a small folding toilet that uses baggies for our kiddos several years ago.  It's kid sized, and has worked very well.
Funniest thing is when my dear bride has pressed it into service a time or two on road trips.  The jokes wrote themselves.

It's like this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024OAQ3Q/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355074963&sr=8-6&pi=SL75
Has its own carry bag.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »
Many female truckers (more or less adult) urinate into ziplock bags of suitable size.  Too many of them dispose of the bags by flipping them out the window. :(

Trucker bombs!

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
Or, when they land intact, biological landmines. ;)
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
Best prank ever.....tell someone about trucker bombs on a road trip.  When they're not looking, slip a ziplock full of mountain dew and a baby ruth into their luggage.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »
We use these ice fishing, line the bucket with a plastic garbage bag. If you put the bag on the ice after use the poo/pee freezes and makes for safe transport.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
I vaguely remember a coffee can controversy some years ago...

Yep, having a plastic coffee can as a port-a-potty will get you marked as a drug dealer by the 5-0.

:P :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
We use these ice fishing, line the bucket with a plastic garbage bag. If you put the bag on the ice after use the poo/pee freezes and makes for safe transport.

There were times when we just used the bucket with no seat  :lol:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »
There were times when we just used the bucket with no seat  :lol:

I hear you, or a snow covered log, but we are more civilized these days.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:06 AM »
Yep, having a plastic coffee can as a port-a-potty will get you marked as a drug dealer by the 5-0.

:P :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If they want to bad enough is there anything that won't besides valid LEO credentials?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams