Author Topic: Only a Few Days Until The End of The World As We Know It.........  (Read 1174 times)

MechAg94

• friend
..........according to predictions.

If you can't see the photo, it is a news headline from 2004 claiming global warming will cause all sorts of disaster by 2020.  We are almost there so there must be a huge disaster coming soon.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1210615159233888256?s=09
Courtesy of Paul Joseph Watson on Twitter. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Only a Few Days Until The End of The World As We Know It.........
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 10:01:42 PM »
Man made climate change isn't working, even those who claim to believe in it rate it at the bottom of their concerns.

The hidden rulers need a new ploy to scare the masses into submission.

Earth bound asteroids gets my vote.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
Man made climate change isn't working, even those who claim to believe in it rate it at the bottom of their concerns.

Maybe some aliens have picked up transmissions of The Jerry Springer Show and the relativistic bombs are on their way to stop them.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »

We've always been at war with Eurasia.

It's a classic strategy for scaring the masses for a reason.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »

At least that is actually a world-ending possibility.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »
We were suppose to out of food, out of oil, and be under a mile of ice by the end of the 1970s.
Every 20 years or so the Chicken Littles of the world move the end of the world back 20 years or so and the "science" is settled on the matter of the cause of the week.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:01:27 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »
. . . Every 20 years or so the Chicken Littles of the world move the end of the world back 20 years or so and the "science" is settled on the matter on the cause of the week.
Forecasting doom and gloom timelines is an art - disaster has to be close enough to worry people, but far enough in the future that they'll forget your prediction when time is up.

It's harder now with the internet to count on people forgetting - for example, for some years Rush Limbaugh's page was counting down Algore's disaster timeline; based on Algore's global warming disaster prediction, we all were wiped out several years ago.

And then of course some people claimed that the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the world in 2011. Oops - it was just the Mayan calendar rolling over.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 01:02:24 PM »
Forecasting doom and gloom timelines is an art - disaster has to be close enough to worry people, but far enough in the future that they'll forget your prediction when time is up.

It's harder now with the internet to count on people forgetting - for example, for some years Rush Limbaugh's page was counting down Algore's disaster timeline; based on Algore's global warming disaster prediction, we all were wiped out several years ago.

And then of course some people claimed that the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the world in 2011. Oops - it was just the Mayan calendar rolling over.

December 21 or 22, 2012.  The end of the 13th bak'tun, if I recall correctly and have the apostrophe in the right place.  :)
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
We were suppose to out of food, out of oil, and be under a mile of ice by the end of the 1970s.
Every 20 years or so the Chicken Littles of the world move the end of the world back 20 years or so and the "science" is settled on the matter of the cause of the week.
And occasionally you see predictions that are much older.  I think it was seen as something to sell newspapers or getting the gullible to buy something. 

Come to think of it, I recall there were lots of people worried about Halley's Comet back in the early 1900's since the Earth sort of passed through its tail or so I heard.  It was barely big enough to see with binoculars when I was a kid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge