Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24959 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jussie-smollett-case-chicago-police-superintendent-s-full-remarks-n974026

In case the Chitown Police Superintendents statement hasn’t been posted here. He was on target and unloaded.

Fine job, Sup - now do the Democratic Party.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2019, 06:02:02 PM »
Reason #45,723 I can't tell parody from reality anymore

However, Gabby Sidibe maintains that she still believes Smollett’s version of events, despite growing evidence to the contrary.

“I know him, I believe him, I stand with him. #jussiesmollett,” Sidibe wrote on Instagram, accompanied by a quote from the black nationalist Malcolm X on the oppression of black people.
‘Empire’ Star Gabby Sidibe Still Believes Jussie Smollett: Victim of ‘Irresponsible Media’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/21/empire-gabby-sidibe-still-believes-jussie-smollett-victim-of-irresponsible-media/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2019, 06:27:14 PM »
Reportedly, Smollett pulled these stunts because he was unhappy with his salary.

He earned $65,000 per episode. There are 18 episodes per season. That's $1,170,000 per year. There are MANY families in the United States who get by on an income per year that's less than what this clown brings in per episode. He's beyond disgusting and beneath contempt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
I cannot but laugh when one of our culture's dancing monkeys end up flinging poo at itself.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »
I cannot but laugh when one of our culture's dancing monkeys end up flinging poo at itself.

Can I steal that for use elsewhere?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »
Reportedly, Smollett pulled these stunts because he was unhappy with his salary.

He earned $65,000 per episode. There are 18 episodes per season. That's $1,170,000 per year. There are MANY families in the United States who get by on an income per year that's less than what this clown brings in per episode. He's beyond disgusting and beneath contempt.

On the CBS evening news just now, they reported that Mr. Smollett recently received a raise to $ 180,000 per episode, or $ 1.8 million per season.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2019, 10:28:43 PM »
The idiot Friends were pulling down a million an episode ten years ago.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:01 PM »
Saw this on twitter.

Last night as I was walking to Quiznos I was attacked by Jussie Smollett and two of his friends while they screamed, "This is Hope & Change country!"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
Spin Spin Spin

Stafford then suggested that the Chicago Police Department leaked information to make Smollett look bad because they support Trump, conveniently ignoring the fact that it was Smollett who called the police in the first place to report what officers are now saying was a staged attack.
Yet, Stafford suggested that the Chicago Police Department knew Smollett was lying and called “it a racist and homophobic attack” on “day one” to “use it against” Smollett at the end of the investigation.

“Personally, it was incredibly shocking on day one to see the police department call it a racist and homophobic attack. Their first statement—they exclusively said that, said they’re investigating it as a victim case,” Stafford said on MSNBC. “As someone that has been investigating these for years in Chicago, that was really unprecedented before… And a lot of the time people in the background were worried they were leaning into this victim part of the story because they didn’t believe him and they wanted to use it against him at the end when they were able to prove that he was lying.”

Advocate Mag Editor Suggests Pro-Trump Police Rigged Investigation to Harm Smollett
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/02/22/advocate-mag-editor-suggests-pro-trump-police-rigged-investigation-to-harm-smollet/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2019, 09:46:36 AM »
Spin Spin Spin

Advocate Mag Editor Suggests Pro-Trump Police Rigged Investigation to Harm Smollett
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/02/22/advocate-mag-editor-suggests-pro-trump-police-rigged-investigation-to-harm-smollet/

So their spin is that an organ of the Chicago government is......Pro Trump?  Chicago, Illinois?

OK.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »
On the CBS evening news just now, they reported that Mr. Smollett recently received a raise to $ 180,000 per episode, or $ 1.8 million per season.

The Daily Mail says it's $100,000 per episode, for an annual haul of $1.8 million. That math works ... yours would come out to $3.24 million per season.

After police Superintendent Eddie Johnson's press conference on Thursday, I find myself wondering if the fix is in. Johnson didn't use any "alleged" qualifiers in his remarks. Cue the defense to argue for dismissal on the basis of prejudicial remarks making it impossible to get a fair trial.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2019, 02:14:52 PM »
Video of the attack on Smollett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I

(except I don't think he's that clever)
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
Video of the attack on Smollett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I

(except I don't think he's that clever)

Looks staged
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »
 :rofl:

Charles Barkley has some advice for America & Jussie Smollett
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1098810571993034752/video/1
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
So their spin is that an organ of the Chicago government is......Pro Trump?  Chicago, Illinois?

OK.

Of course. Cops everywhere are Trump-loving, gay-hating, white supremacists. Even the black police superintendent in Chicago, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
Capt Sisko finally had enough of Garak's crap.

I thought he was dissing Curtis Mayfield.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2019, 03:56:03 PM »
In case my reference is too obscure for non Star Trek fans
The guy (Scorpio) getting the crap beat out of him is played by Andrew J. Robinson who also played Garak on Star Trek:DS9
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2019, 03:59:23 PM »
this

[attachment deleted by admin]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
The idiot Friends were pulling down a million an episode ten years ago.

It's 15 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_One_(Friends)

And not only was it one of (if not the) most popular television shows, it also was part of the last days of broadcast TV as the almost sole source of entertainment for the country.

Today is a much different situation. For example, I had never even heard of the show, let alone this guy before the hoax he orchestrated. I don't watch TV, but I do know the names of most of the popular programs.

As an example, Friends finale pulled in 52.5 Million viewers, 15 years ago. They averaged 22 Million viewers that season. Big Bang Theory's current season average: 12 Million viewers. 15 years later and the most popular TV show is pulling in 10 million fewer viewers.

What's that got to do with Smollett? Nothing, I just thought it was interesting. And since I went down this rabbit hole, I took all of you with me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2019, 10:22:07 PM »
And here's his "Get out of jail free" card: "I have a drug problem."

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/22/after-getting-axed-from-the-final-2-episodes-it-looks-like-jussie-smollett-is-getting-ready-to-play-the-addict-card/

I'm pretty sure that after all that's gone on,  the "addict card" won't help.

Should've used the Spacey gambit,  the tried and true "BUT I'M GAY"..... Wait, that won't work here.  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2019, 11:40:44 PM »
And here's his "Get out of jail free" card: "I have a drug problem."

My response to him: So what?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame