Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24960 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats said the decision to drop the charges should not be interpreted that Smollett did not do what police and prosecutors have alleged — pay his assailants to fake the attack and then falsely report the incident to police.
Magats, who became the final decision maker on the case after Foxx recused herself in mid-February, said prosecutors made the decision to drop the charges against Smollett under the same criteria they would any other defendant.

I'm fairly certain that this is cover for why the prosecutors allowed political pressure to close the case. Plausible deniability so when the cops get incensed (and insist on a federal investigation, as they already have), they can claim it was just "prosecutorial discretion in priorities".

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »
BREAKING: Chicago Prosecutors DROP CHARGES Against Jussie Smollett Over Faked Hate Crime — 16 Felony Counts WIPED CLEAN!

Maybe he knew somebody …  =|

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/breaking-chicago-prosecutors-drop-charges-against-jussie-smollett/

[popcorn]

You misspelled "blew".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
Is there a source on that? According to this sounds like she remained recused?

Right now just those quotes in the twitchy article I linked to. Everywhere else just says "prosecutors"
If she did call for the charges to be dropped how could she have done so if she had remained recused from the case?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:03:14 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »
You misspelled "blew".
He is buddies with Obama after all...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rahm-emanuel-calls-jussie-smollett-181144914.html

Rahm Emanuel Calls Jussie Smollett Case ‘Whitewash of Justice’ Over Celebrity Status

He calls it a WHAT!?!?!

That racist!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
I bet he's really beating himself up over all this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »

Chicago police detective tells @FoxNews “We have a lot more evidence than we told the media about and we were fully prepared to go to trial. We’re very angry this happened.” #JussieSmollett
    — Matt Finn (@MattFinnFNC) March 26, 2019
https://townhall.com/entertainment/cortneyobrien/2019/03/26/prosecutors-abandon-jussie-smollett-case-n2543761
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »
I'm more pissed now than I was a few hours ago. This is the guy whose documented statement was that he would absolutely press charges on the fictional white guys. Which would have been two innocent shmucks who would have done at least 10 years.

I just read that his 16 hours of community service was working for Jesse Jackson.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2019, 05:59:10 PM »
I'm more pissed now than I was a few hours ago. This is the guy whose documented statement was that he would absolutely press charges on the fictional white guys. Which would have been two innocent shmucks who would have done at least 10 years.

I just read that his 16 hours of community service was working for Jesse Jackson.

Yep

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/03/26/that-was-his-community-service-guys-guess-what-jussie-smollett-did-to-help-get-those-charges-dropped/

Jussie Smollett did community service at Rainbow PUSH Saturday/Monday for about 16 hours total.

16 hours

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2019, 07:21:38 PM »
It's getting weirder

Smollett's lawyer is claiming the Osundairo brothers attacked him

— Tanya Chen (@Tanya_Chen) March 26, 2019

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/03/26/absolutely-disgusting-so-this-is-the-strategy-jussie-smolletts-legal-team-is-going-with-now/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2019, 07:43:07 PM »
Not that weird, IMO.  They're the obvious fall guys.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »
Also it should be noted that this jackass got his records expunged and sealed. There are, I would say, conservatively at least a couple of million people in this country who are innocent of crime, but have an arrest record that follows them wherever they go.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Sorry, 18 hours

BTW: Love that photo of Bill and Jesse. Wonder what they're thinking?  :laugh:

Jussie Smollett’s ‘Community Service’: 18 Hours with Jesse Jackson’s Organization
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/26/jussie-smollett-community-service-18-hours-with-jesse-jackson/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
And it would appear they're possibly suing

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You’ve said clearly you think the police are not telling the truth about Jussie. Are you going to sue?

TINA GLANDIAN: We’re weighing our options now. For Jussie, what’s important is he really just wants his career and his life back. Again, he did not ask for any of this. He was a victim of a crime. This has completely spiraled out of control and become a political event at this point, and his goal and focus right now is just getting his life back on track.

He’s not even started healing from the initial attack because he’s been dealing with everything what’s happened since then. I don’t know, I mean, we’re shocked at the mayor and the police superintendent doubling down yesterday when the prosecutor after a dispassion look at the evidence realized that it does not hold up and chose to voluntarily dismiss all counts and expunge his record. So at this point, we’re going to weigh our options and see how this develops.
Jussie Smollett Lawyer: ‘We’re Weighing Our Options’ on Suing Chicago Police
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/27/jussie-smollett-lawyer-were-weighing-our-options-on-suing-chicago-police/

He didn't ask for any of this, got that?
Translation: He didn't expect to be caught so that makes him the victim in all of this.
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
So in essence, he pulled a somewhat bolder version of what kaepernick did in order to try to save his job.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2019, 02:29:20 PM »
They've got the Nigerian brothers on record admitting to attacking Smollett … They should charge them with both the attack and lying to the police when they told the police that Jussie had set it up . 

:police:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:27 PM »

And it would appear they're possibly suing

[/quote]
Would they actually fight the lawsuit or would the political leadership do their best to knuckle under?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure they could rescind the deal and prosecute him if he gets too cocky.  It's not double jeopardy because he hasn't been acquitted.
"It's good, though..."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »
Must be that white privilege I've been hearing about...

I've gotten people mad at me before by saying we have more of a class problem in the USA than a race problem at this point. It is just partially disguised in that blacks are disproportionately lower class.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
I hear Subway is naming a sandwich after Jussie. It will be their first baloney sandwich.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »
Well as the old saying goes..."It's not who ya know, but who ya blow." :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2019, 06:17:38 PM »
Were the charges dropped by accident?