Author Topic: ATF raids FFL where Nancy Lanza boughts her guns.  (Read 4034 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
ATF raids FFL where Nancy Lanza boughts her guns.
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/apparent-atf-raid-reportedly-underway-at-gun-shop-where-ct-shooters-mother-bought-gun-used-in-massacre/

Police did not reveal the reason behind the raid on Thursday, however, officials said it was not prompted by a single incident. An official said that an ongoing investigation was accelerated by recent developments, though the official didn’t say what those developments entailed.

Uh huh. Sure. This is my "I believe you face."  ;/  This "ongoing investigation" wouldn't happen to be some old 4473's from ten years ago where the person abbreviated their state of residence instead of writing it out in full, would it?

Federal firearms inspectors were reportedly inspecting the business records of Riverview Gun Sales on Thursday night.

Heh, and I hadn't even read this part when I thought of the abbreviated state names bit.

“Police said Riverview Gun Sales had no idea the AR-15 Marsh stole was missing. Management at the store didn’t know about 11 guns that Marsh had allegedly stolen last year until they were notified by detectives,” WFSB-TV reports.

Riverview Gun Sales has had inventory issues in the past. State police raided a Connecticut home in 2007 and reportedly found a number of stolen firearms belonging to the store.

East Windsor police Detective Matthew Carl previously told WFSB-TV that at one point, the “Riverview gun store was missing upwards of 30 plus guns.”

Okay, that makes a lot more sense now. Still seems rather convenient timing for some "we're doing something" press exposure. Or that might just be the tinfoil. It's so hard to tell the voices apart these days.  [tinfoil]  >:D

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: ATF raids FFL where Nancy Lanza boughts her guns.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:44 AM »
Riverview Sales has been advertising on my site since 2005. I approached them after reading positive comments on THR, TFL or another gun forum.

I get a lot of emails complaining about this gun store or that, but I've never received any about Riverview.

If they can't get them on illegal gun sales or practices, the building inspectors will probably get them for having a burned out bulb in one of the exit signs. (Milwaukee inspectors used to harass me with that when they couldn't find anything else).

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
The store I used to work at had some guns missing too - they were still at the sheriff's office following a burglary several years previously  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
The store I used to work at had some guns missing too - they were still at the sheriff's office following a burglary several years previously  :facepalm:
Let me guess - the sheriff & deputies were giving them an extended field test as part of their forensic investigation?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »
This is the most blatant form of intimidation tactic. 
It is frightening, I really think we're in for a terrifying few years.  I know way too many people who are all but begging to have the 2nd Amendment completely repealed.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
Our inalienable right to self-defense and freedom from tyranny cannot be repealed no matter how many fools and villains come out of the woodwork.  So long as we remember that we are safe.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
This doesn't make sense:
From the Hartford Courant:

On Saturday, a South Windsor man — who had received a suspended prison sentence and two years probation in May for stealing a dozen rifles and shotguns from Riverview Sales — tried to steal a sniper rifle from the same store, police said. Jordan Marsh, 26, pleaded guilty May 10 to a single count of stealing a firearm and received a suspended prison sentence and two years of probation. He initially faced 12 counts of stealing a firearm and other larceny charges.  According to East Windsor police, on Saturday, Marsh grabbed a Bushmaster .50-caliber rifle from Riverview Sales valued at $5,000 and ran from the store. When store employees confronted Marsh, he pulled a knife, then fled on foot. Police officers eventually caught and arrested him.

“Police said Riverview Gun Sales had no idea the AR-15 Marsh stole was missing. Management at the store didn’t know about 11 guns that Marsh had allegedly stolen last year until they were notified by detectives,” WFSB-TV reports.

If they did not know that he had stolen the gun, then how did they chase him and confront him and then call the police on him?  And how did the police know that he had stolen 11 guns previously?  Are the police all-seeing, all-knowing?

And finally, the guy steals 11 or 12 guns. ELEVEN (or TWELVE), 11 (or 12) !!!  And all he gets is a suspended sentence and 2 years probation?!?!?!?  Criminal Justice is the country is a joke.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
he rolled over on someone   
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
he rolled over on someone   

"Hey man..." *scratch-scratch-twitch* "...like, I totally know where there's a lab cooking *expletive deleted*it, yo. Right hand to god!"

*gives address of random suburbia house*

More likely in this case: "I know this gun store that's selling machine guns out the backdoor, man."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
yup
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
Take a look at a map of Connecticut. Look at where Newtown (Lanza's home town) is, and then look at where East Windsor is.

Then see if you can use Google Maps or Mapquest or Switchboard to show you all the gun shops in Connecticut. I grew up in Connecticut, I still have family there, I thought I knew of most of the major gun shops and ranges in Connecticut ... and I've never heard of this place. Why would someone who lives in Newtown schlep all the way to East Windsor to buy a firearm?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
Better prices?

Not being treated like "Hey little lady, we've just the gun for you, a revolver in .38 Special or maybe this semi-auto in .25 ACP."?

Not a bunch of Gun Store "Operators"?

Decent service?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »
Maybe it's part of the the new "Fast and Dubious" plan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
Better prices?

Not being treated like "Hey little lady, we've just the gun for you, a revolver in .38 Special or maybe this semi-auto in .25 ACP."?

Decent service?

Ask 280Plus -- I think that store is somewhat within (or near) his area of operations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
I guess I just don't have the right attitude toward the language, but that constitutes a "raid"?  Some LEOs walking in without the SWAT team and reviewing the legally required documentation?

Please, spare me...

(Demagogery, I guess, is in the eye of the beholder, but the aftermath of Newtown seems more demagogery than anything else.)
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »
Better prices?

Decent service?

People will drive insane distances to deal with a particular favored shop or expert.

When I lived in Urbana, IL, the grubby little hole in the wall bike shop I dealt with had guys coming down from Chicago (140 miles away) to buy from him.  I doubt it's any different for gun shops (except that waiting periods complicate the logistics).
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.