Author Topic: Wyoming State Representative Response to Citizen  (Read 4026 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Wyoming State Representative Response to Citizen
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
Was somewhat refreshing. A newly minted WY citizen wrote all the state reps telling them that she didn't approve of legislation to allow guns in schools and "oh, by the way, I don't like fracking either." This Representative's response was basically telling her to not let the door hit her in the ass on her way out. :)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/24/by-all-means-leave-the-amazingly-blunt-response-one-state-rep-gave-a-citizen-who-wrote-him-opposing-concealed-carry-in-schools/#
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Wyoming State Representative Response to Citizen
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »
Love it!!!!  I wish he was my Rep.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:58 AM »
The town she's from is my adopted hometown (wife is from there and my folks lived there for 17 years, I plan to retire there).

The rest of the town is not like her.  It's a smallish mountain town and fairly conservative.  I'm glad she left.

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »
Wyoming is high on my list of places to live in the future, has been for quite sometime. I just wish they had more water.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »
Wyoming is high on my list of places to live in the future, has been for quite sometime. I just wish they had more water.

The reason that states like Wyoming and Montana are relatively unpopulated and independent, is that they are too dry, too hot, too cold, too windy, etc etc etc.

The miserable climate keeps most of the riff-raff away  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »
The reason that states like Wyoming and Montana are relatively unpopulated and independent, is that they are too dry, too hot, too cold, too windy, etc etc etc.

The miserable climate keeps most of the riff-raff away  :P

Doesn't keep them all away apparently.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
That was one of our main reasons for leaving CA.  Lived in a nice little community out in the county; at least it was nice and quiet until the folks around SanFran discovered it.  They started moving in and "improving" the area.  Took them very little time to move in enough bodies to out-vote the long-timers. 

Sure wish that Rep. Hunt had been there....

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:40:42 AM »
The miserable climate keeps most of the riff-raff away

Hasn't kept out Ted Turner and Kevin Costner.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 05:01:30 AM »
Hunt 2016.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »
Hasn't kept out Ted Turner and Kevin Costner.

None of those people really live here.  I'm sure they check the weather forecast before they actually visit, if and when they do.

And KC was supposed to have a place in Crested Butte back when we lived in CO.  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Costner mostly lives in Summerland,CA. Every once in a while I see him at the harbor having a beer on one of the fishing boats "being one of the guys".

Unfortunately even though many of these people don't live full time in places like Montana and Wyoming, they can still screw things up by being a riffraff magnet. Just look at Sun Valley,ID. John Kerry has a house there that is a chateau Theresa supposedly had delivered over from Europe. You know that neither of them spend much time there, but name recognition draws plenty of liberals. If you look at a political map of Idaho, Sun Valley and Moscow (university) are about the only blue regions in the state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »
Costner mostly lives in Summerland,CA. Every once in a while I see him at the harbor having a beer on one of the fishing boats "being one of the guys".

Unfortunately even though many of these people don't live full time in places like Montana and Wyoming, they can still screw things up by being a riffraff magnet. Just look at Sun Valley,ID. John Kerry has a house there that is a chateau Theresa supposedly had delivered over from Europe. You know that neither of them spend much time there, but name recognition draws plenty of liberals. If you look at a political map of Idaho, Sun Valley and Moscow (university) are about the only blue regions in the state.

Okay, whatever  ;/

The point being that climate is one of the main reasons why Montana has only about a million people, and Colorado has over five million.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:35 PM »
When my brother and I were tramping around Wyoming in the early 80's and then again in the early 90's, we ran across some fine folks as well as quite a number of transplanted Michiganders.  We Michiganders are used to weather, so Wyoming is not much of a challenge in that way.  Plus both of us were able to actually breathe through our noses...something most Michiganders can't due to our climate.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 01:13:26 AM »
That woman is a Unitarian Universalist "pastor".  She's as brain-dead liberal as it gets.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »
If I lived on a homestead or community which utilized subterranean water wells I would be wary of fracking in the local area. Hunt seems to be willfully myopic on that topic. I'll criticize him on that.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
If I lived on a homestead or community which utilized subterranean water wells I would be wary of fracking in the local area. Hunt seems to be willfully myopic on that topic. I'll criticize him on that.

If I living in an area where fracking might affect me, whether I was there ten days or ten years before the fracking started, then I agree. If you move somewhere without doing at least minimal research though, then no.

Lots of people moved to the farming area where my parents live, selling their crappy two-bedroom $1mil homes in San Francisco for McMansions and ten acres where my folks are. Then they complained because dairy farms smell and crop dusters fly around.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
That woman is a Unitarian Universalist "pastor".  She's as brain-dead liberal as it gets.

I think their motto is: "Hey... we uh... believe in STUFF, or something. YAY!"
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Wyoming State Representative Response to Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
Wonder what the preacher took her kin to court for in Roanoke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
I spent time in Wyoming.  I liked the moutains but disliked the wide basins full of sage brush (and tics).  It is a place I love to visit, but would rather live elsewhere where it is more green.  The folks that live in Wyoming are great.

I suspect the letter writer is basically a Sierra Clubber who I have a great disdain for overall.  I used to be a member until I began to understand their political agenda which I dissagreed with (essentially preserve nature and the hell with everything else). Green Peace is the same.  I generally dislike the environmental organizations that seem to have a political agenda outside their major focus and one that is opposed to most natural resource development that "might" affect their interest area.  I generally think the Nature Conservancy is the best of the lot.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
I spent time in Wyoming.  I liked the moutains but disliked the wide basins full of sage brush (and tics).  It is a place I love to visit, but would rather live elsewhere where it is more green.  The folks that live in Wyoming are great.

It's funny ... now that I have lived in Montana for 16 years, I have come to enjoy the wide open spaces.  Now I actually get closetrophobic up in the western mountains.

I still like to see mountains, though.  Around here is pretty hilly.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
I think western Montana would be nice. I had lived in the Black Hills area in South Dakota for about 8 months and loved it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
I think western Montana would be nice. I had lived in the Black Hills area in South Dakota for about 8 months and loved it.

Yeah, and expensive too.  =(

Western Montana is where all the movie stars and liberals move to.  :facepalm:

There are a lot of places in central/eastern Montana that are similar to the Black Hills.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »

I suspect the letter writer is basically a Sierra Clubber who I have a great disdain for overall.  I used to be a member until I began to understand their political agenda which I dissagreed with (essentially preserve nature and the hell with everything else). Green Peace is the same.  I generally dislike the environmental organizations that seem to have a political agenda outside their major focus and one that is opposed to most natural resource development that "might" affect their interest area.  I generally think the Nature Conservancy is the best of the lot.

But Greenpeace can be so much fun. If you happen to be the nozzle man on a high pressure fire hose and they cross "the line" in their Zodiacs =D.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams