Author Topic: Obamacare - Now with Rainbow Sprinkles !!!  (Read 1412 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Obamacare - Now with Rainbow Sprinkles !!!
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
And the hits just keep on coming !!!

Obamacare lists numerous businesses as "enrollment" sites, to include their address and phone numbers.  Only they are not.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/30/businesses-overwhelmed-by-callers-after-obamacare-enrollment-listing-error/

Meanwhile sign-up isn't quite what they expected.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/politics/obamacare-medicaid-enroll/index.html

But in many of the states operating their own exchanges, new Medicaid enrollees account for more than half of the people who have obtained insurance under Obamacare since October 1.

Bold=mine.   So you have to figure that it will be the same in other states on the big Obamacare exchange (currently still a work in progress).  If Obamacare doesn't hit the 7 million, mostly young and healthy, signing up and PAYING for coverage, then the numbers don't and won't work and this house of cards will come crashing down.

If the Republicans are smart, they'll do nothing and only insist that the law be followed as written. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Obamacare - Now with Rainbow Sprinkles !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »

If the Republicans are smart, they'll do nothing and only insist that the law be followed as written. 

That will crash the country.  We all get a bit overzealous or over-enthusiastic about TIKIWIKIBBQLOLWTF, but we're at maximum warp when it comes to the printing presses and digital funnymoney.  Reality is stretching thin when the Fed Reserve is spewing out a trillion dollars a month to Wall Street and to fedgov contractors in free money and calling it "quantitative easing."

When the math doesn't work out with O-care and the printing presses ratchet up to $2 trillion a month (and FedGov starts to "create" more money every year than the entire US economy produces), the whole house of cards cannot stand.

I'm fairly well prepared in the event of that condition... my company may be small, but it's a multinational presence and we have customers in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, and even Africa.  I can telecommute from anywhere in the world.  I can pick up and relocate myself to the Caribbean and continue to draw a paycheck as long as my company is alive, or if my company folds I can subcontract with prior customers on a consulting basis.

I'm okay with it collapsing.  The US is on a collision course to become the next USSR if it doesn't collapse.  Too much of the original good of this country has been destroyed, I don't think it can be salvaged.  I hope for financial collapse before the US starts WWIII.

Are you okay with the R's collapsing the country through vindictive apathy?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:57:39 AM »
At this point I don't think there is any reversing.

Ron Paul might have reversed things if he had been elected in 2008, but after a couple years of Obama were were past the point of no return.  And it would have been painful (not as painful as it will be) and of course almost everyone would have blamed the Libertarians.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
Are you okay with the R's collapsing the country through vindictive apathy?

Yep.  Let's get this party started.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »
I agree with you guys.

Even if there was a plan that could fix this, it would be so politically unpalatable that no one is going to be able to implement it.  The best we can hope to do at an individual level is position ourselves to provide for ourselves and our families.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »
the glorious future is going have a very unpleasant intermission in the USA.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »
The fall is going to happen. The only meaningful determinant remaining is the distance to the bottom. The longer we hang on, the further the fall, and the more it's going to hurt.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »

This. I didn't approve of the Repub's were trying to get the IRS out of this thing. We should let Obamacare be as ugly as it wants to be. This law shouldn't be reformed or improved, only destroyed.

That will crash the country.  

If Americans don't figure out that this law, in all its splendor, needs to die, then the country is going to crash regardless.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:31 AM »
I think we'll start WWIII before we let ourselves crash.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
I think we'll start WWIII before we let ourselves crash.

^^^ This is what the Saudis are desperately hoping for, vis-a-vis American intervention in Syria.  Russia is on the other side of the proxy war, and Iran and Saudi Arabia stand to be the biggest suppliers of energy exports to fuel the war efforts of both sides.

The Saudis have bit into the dollar hegemony big time and they're getting hurt as a result.  Notice gas prices dropping?  It's under $3 a gallon here in PHX. 

Wars have a tendency to grease the wheels of finance.  Evidently, blood is an excellent financial lubricant. =|
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 09:28:50 PM »
^^^ This is what the Saudis are desperately hoping for, vis-a-vis American intervention in Syria.  Russia is on the other side of the proxy war, and Iran and Saudi Arabia stand to be the biggest suppliers of energy exports to fuel the war efforts of both sides.

The Saudis have bit into the dollar hegemony big time and they're getting hurt as a result.  Notice gas prices dropping?  It's under $3 a gallon here in PHX. 

Wars have a tendency to grease the wheels of finance.  Evidently, blood is an excellent financial lubricant. =|
Tee it up and drive.  We're burnin' daylight.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.