Author Topic: Where is the NRA on Obama? Are they "keeping powder dry"?  (Read 1232 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Where is the NRA on Obama? Are they "keeping powder dry"?
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
Seriously. All I see on the news, over and over, is screaming, squealing Obama-mania. Just today, they were comparing him to LINCOLN. That nearly made me physically ill.

Not only is he nothing but an empty suit and a fluff motivational speaker, but he's apparently a COMPLETE anti.

From "On the issues"...

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:

- Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
- Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
- Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

shocked

WHERE is the NRA on this? Are they just waiting to see if he gets the nomination, then utterly destroy him at that point? That the American people would never stand for that?

Or are they not paying attention, and worried more about the UN?

I really hope they take an active role in the primaries, because there's antis on both sides this time. "Vote Republican" will NOT work this time if Ghouliani gets the nomination, because he'd take away everyone's guns, whereas Bill Richardson, a strongly pro-2A secure-borders Democrat, would not. It's a lot more complicated this time.

If Obama, Hillary, OR Giuliani get in, we're screwed.

Waitone

• friend
Re: Where is the NRA on Obama? Are they "keeping powder dry"?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:13:21 AM »
Let him bleed Hillary then deal with his record after he becomes a threat.  For now he's a pretty face fighting other pretty faces all of whom are anti-gun.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:21:08 AM »
I know your election cycle is somewhat different to ours, but it's still early days is it not?

From the 2A point of view it seems to me that Waitone is largely correct, none of the notable probables or declared candidates who right now appear to have a hope seem much better. Where waitone is wrong is that he implied that Hillary is a 'pretty face'.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32:59 AM »
Latest news I heard is he's admitting to using AND INHALING marijuana and cocaine and gave some thought to using heroin. Of course he blames it all on the indiscretion of youth.  rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Iain

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:42:13 AM »
Just the other day a book was published that claims that the relatively new and young leader of the Conservative Party was caught smoking marijuana in his Eton days. I'm not sure that it really bothers me that much.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »
Way too early to start spending money.  I imagine the main deal, now, is to build up our war chest so we can do the real effort next year.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:45:46 AM »
I'm not sure that it really bothers me that much.
Yea, I know but right now there are plenty of people here in the US in prison for doing the exact same things he's talking about. So because he didn't get caught it's ok for him to be prez? It's the double standard way of thinking going on here that get's to me.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:50:55 AM »
I agree Art, I'm hoping enough people will get sick of listening to them this early so that by the time the real election starts we edge them out. I was just reading some issue of AR and the congressional odds are stacked against us something awful. I don't like the whole thing at all.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 03:31:36 AM »
The media loves Obama, but polling data tends to show that everyone else isn't convinced.  I think they are just waiting a while.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »
Obama is experiencing the Wesley Clark phenomenon.  Before Clark announced everyone was buzzing about how great he'd be etc etc.  His poll numbers never matched the positives he had on the day he announced.  It was downhill frlom there.
I think it is because everyone sees in him the candidate they want.  But once he opens his mouth and has to get specific he alienates one group or another.
There is no point in the NRA weighing in at this juncture.  Let Hillary's machine take care of Obama.
I did see that Giuliani came out for gun control this weekend.  That pretty much will knock his candidacy out for the Republicans.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:05:30 AM »
The internal slingshits will pretty much knock out a lot of the candidates... My advice right now is to register as a democrat, and vote in the primary against whoever looks to be the worst as far as gun control.

Blog under construction

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
People who vote in Democrat Party primaries aren't going to give a flying fig what the NRA says.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 04:13:26 PM »
For the record: I used to smoke pot. I haven't smoked a joint since the summer of 1972, but I did inhale, did get high, and never did learn to like the taste of it. Big deal.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 10:06:55 PM »
On top of what everyone else has said, remember Howard Dean?  Remember him being in the lead?  Remember "YAAARRRRGGGG!!"  Remember who wasn't the Democratic presidential candidate last election?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 12:47:02 AM »
I think it was more like "EEEYYYAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

cheesy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 07:49:07 AM »
Looks like his silver tongue isn't infallable, and revealed his true thoughts...

"We now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."

Wasted, huh? Yeah, he "apologized", saying it was a "slip of the tongue".

But that's something you never say about brave men and women serving in the armed forces. I wonder if this will pop his rockstar bubble.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 08:24:22 AM »
Maned, the slipping of the mask will not hurt him with the Democrats.  No way.  It will only further enhance his reputation.  The Left has a knight's fork in the 2008 election--Hillary or Obama, either way they win huge.  Buy those guns and buy a lot before January 2009.

I thought the Democrats would have a problem with him being a tobacco user.  Used to see him out on his condo on 54th by Lake Michigan having a smoke.  You would think they would be screaming mad over this?

police police police<=Hide!  It's the Tobacco Police!

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »
If the NRA comes out against obama and clinton II wins the nomination it's a double whammy, NRA percieved as racist, and hilary is on the ballot.  Plus the NRA has a finite campaign budget, don't waste it when people aren't listening.