Author Topic: Looking for online radio station  (Read 759 times)

client32

• friend
Looking for online radio station
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:04:29 AM »
I find myself doing some rather mundane work in the evenings at home and am looking for two things.  I have been listening to some of BBC's radio broadcasts online.

Now for the questions:
Do you know of a place that might have history, specifically both world wars?  Maybe I can learn something while having to sit in front of the computer.

Also, what online radio do you listen to, if any?
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Waitone

• friend
Re: Looking for online radio station
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »
Fix ya right up.

http://www.radiotower.com/

I'm into classical music and contemporary Irish.

There's a whole world out there when listening to radio on the internet.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

crt360

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »
I used to listen to a lot of different internet stations, but lately if I listen to anything online it's usually KTRU (Rice University).
For entertainment purposes only.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »
Have you looked into podcasts? It's like a radio show, but you download the shows as MP3s or M4As or what-have-you and listen at your leisure. I don't know of any in particular, but the itunes website has a huge directory of them, and I'm sure some poking around on google would reveal more indexes.

For just music, I use
www.pandora.com

One of the podcasts I listen to is called TWiT: This Week in Technology
www.twit.tv

~GnSx

client32

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:17 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

I had thought of pod casts, but it was well after I posted the question.  I think that I would probably have better luck with that than an online radio station.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.