Author Topic: Obama Blames Oil Companies for Lack of Drilling.  (Read 3709 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Obama Blames Oil Companies for Lack of Drilling.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Eurasia has always been at war with Oceania....

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
We'll just ignore all the drilling restrictions placed on oil companies by democrats in the government.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:48:17 PM »
I shudder to think how many people will eat this line up.

Eurasia has always been at war with Oceania....
Indeed.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »
An expected move...for the EEEEVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL BIG OIL companies have no sympathy from the vast majority of Americans (who also have no clue how the economy, and specifically the segment of economy dealing with fuel/oil works)...so it's a natural thing. Pay no attention to the government meddling and red tape...blame big oil, just like blaming Bush...the rabid hate makes it work.

I shudder to think how many people will eat this line up.

You mean pretty much all of them?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
 =|
 ???
 :facepalm:
I don't get it.
I don't want to get it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sanglant

• friend

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:34:22 PM »

Odd, I was under the distinct impression that the Obama administration shut down off shore drilling.  You know, not that I'd notice.  As I haven't seen a single US oil company aircraft in months.  Oddly, seen plenty of Mexican oil company aircraft.  Guess they're not as stupid as we are.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 01:18:09 AM »
The way I heard it was that the White House was going to -make sure- that the oil companies produced oil... Not that they drilled new wells... I'm guessing that there may be an attempt to say "Okay - You have this well, and you've sort of been sitting on it because you think that it'll produce more money when the price gets higher - You don't have that choice. Pump that sucker dry, and we'll give you $85/barrel, or you go to jail."
Blog under construction

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »
Right. The oil companies just decided not to drill a bunch of wells in Utah/Colorado. The oil companies just did it to spite Obama. It had nothing what so ever to do with Salazar jerking a ton of permits that already had been given the green light well before Obama decided to run for president. Was the first thing Salazar did after he was sworn in.

If anyone from this administration told me that it was raining, I would have to confirm that by looking out a window.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »

Obama's administration has been under curt order for over 2 months to issue drilling permits in the Gulf and continue to defy the court.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Dave Workman

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »
Obama believes he was annointed to rule, not elected to serve.

The empty suit is showing just how empty a suit can be in his current handling of the Libya affair.

He's all for the Brazilians drilling so that we can become their best customer..

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »
Will enough Americans figure out by November 2012 that everything this President does is designed to work against America?  There's the question.

I have my doubts, frankly, which is why I don't see America As We Have Known It lasting through an Obama second term.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.