Author Topic: Federal judge rules California's 10-round magazine limit is unconstitutional  (Read 5343 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Every once in awhile you will see those 10 pack specials. Think the cheapest I recall seeing recently they were $100 for 10 for non-windowed Gen 2s IIRC
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Getting off-topic a bit: what is the difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
Getting off-topic a bit: what is the difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3?

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m3-window?ProductColor=VO343

In a nutshell
Supposedly better/tougher plastic. Hard to judge that one.
Redesigned bolt catch notch
Over travel stop
Suppose to be more compatible with non AR rifles. Some non ARs type rifles apparently had issues with the Gen 2s
Few other minor changes, check the link
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
One annoying change they made with the Gen 3s is that with the Gen 2s you could clip the dust covers onto the bottom of the mag for safe keeping. On the gen 3s, nope.

Edit: Forgot, the Gen 2s no longer come with the covers, the gen 3s do though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:16:37 PM by Don Jr. »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Looks like Brownells has 10 packs of Gen2 non-windowed P-mags for $99.99. Currently shows in stock.
https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/ar-15-pmag-gen-m2-moe-mag-223-5-56-30rd-blk-sku100006987-24192-79235.aspx
- Calvin and Hobbes

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Single mag price....12-15 bucks more or less depending on retailer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
Update:  Judge Benitez has issued a partial stay on his ruling:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=796757584037198&id=100011088912909

BREAKING ON DUNCAN CASE: Partial Stay Issued, Judge Protects Those Who Acquired Since Friday:

"THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Judgment is stayed in part pending final resolution of the appeal from the Judgment. The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) is hereby stayed, effective 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019. IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the preliminary injunction issued
on June 29, 2017, enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (c) and (d) shall remain in effect.
IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019."

So California residents have until 5:00 pm April 5th to purchase normal-capacity mags.  Then we wait and see how the appeals play out.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Update:  Judge Benitez has issued a partial stay on his ruling:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=796757584037198&id=100011088912909

So California residents have until 5:00 pm April 5th to purchase normal-capacity mags.  Then we wait and see how the appeals play out.

Does "bought" mean having placed the order, or does "bought" mean having received?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
Does "bought" mean having placed the order, or does "bought" mean having received?

Not sure.  There is a discussion in this thread:  

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1523211

WLJ

• friends
More

In response to a motion from the California Department of Justice, US District Court Judge Roger Benitez, who issued a permanent injunction against enforcement of California’s “high capacity” magazine ban, has just issued a stay of his own injunction. That means that the window for ordering standard capacity magazines is closing.

His order goes into effect at 5:00pm Pacific time on Friday, April 5. You can read the full order here, but this is the relevant portion:
The ban on possession of “high capacity” magazines will not be enforced while the case is argued and decided, but California residents will not be able to buy them after 5:00pm tomorrow.

BREAKING: California Judge Reinstates ‘High Capacity’ Magazine Ban As of 5pm Friday
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/04/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-california-judge-reinstates-high-capacity-magazine-ban-as-of-5pm-friday/
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Where do I go to find the final body count for the brief period in which murder magazines were legal?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
You won't, but according to our AG, making them legal for just a week has already done "irreparable harm" to the state.

(the actual irreparable harm continues to be done by the *expletive deleted*ers in Sacramento)