Author Topic: Another perv congressman?  (Read 21170 times)

Paddy

Another perv congressman?
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
This time it's a Senator. WTF is up with these guys?  Do they think this is the old Roman Empire? OTOH, why did he plead guilty if all he did was tap some guy on the foot???

Maybe we do need term limits.  undecided

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20467347/

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Another perv congressman?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
Hmmm, wonder if the Left will be defending his "lifestyle?" rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
In terms of gay men being allowed to live without fear? Yes.
In terms of gay men being able to get a quickie in the men's room? No.

In terms of this particular man with apparent gay interests having a viciously anti-gay record (in line with the rest of his party)? Hmm, lemme think.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »
Darn.
He was one of the staunchest pro-gun crowd in Congress.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:19:15 PM »
Darn.

My thoughts exactly, until I read he was a big Romney supporter. What's up with that?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:26:37 PM »
Idaho has a huge Mormon population.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »
Darn.

Yes.  And an NRA Board of Directors member too (still is, I believe).

Paddy

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
Idaho has a huge Mormon population.

Which means what in the context of this discussion?Huh???

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »
Romney is Mormon.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
My thoughts exactly, until I read he was a big Romney supporter. What's up with that?

Romney is to integrity as AIDS is to health.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »
Democratic Rep. Barney Frank was given a pass when his "boyfriend" was found to be running a male prostitution ring out of Frank's home.
Sen. Craig will be forced to resign.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 10:24:21 PM »
Democratic Rep. Barney Frank was given a pass when his "boyfriend" was found to be running a male prostitution ring out of Frank's home.
Sen. Craig will be forced to resign.

Frank was shown to be unaware of what was going on in his house while he was away.
Besides, Frank is openly gay, and supports rights for gays.  I can respect that.

I have a hard time respecting a closet case that rails against gays, then turns out to be one; no matter what his stance on guns is.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »
Frank was shown claimed to be unaware of what was going on in his house while he was away.

Fixed it for you.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »
In terms of this particular man with apparent gay interests having a viciously anti-gay record (in line with the rest of his party)?

Now that I'm done laughing, I wonder if you could explain what constitutes a "viciously anti-gay record."  I mean, not just "anti-gay" but viciously "anti-gay."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 02:43:23 AM »
Now that I'm done laughing, I wonder if you could explain what constitutes a "viciously anti-gay record."  I mean, not just "anti-gay" but viciously "anti-gay."

Maybe he uses anti-gay pit bulls. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 03:38:19 AM »
This guy was looked at with the congressional page thing before, denied any involvement.

Now he's caught likely doing the gay cruising thing in public restrooms. Of course, it's "all a misunderstanding". Riiiiight.

Just...Ew. I don't care what party someone is, that's just...EW. Tongue 

Antibubba

• friend
I da ho? No, you da ho!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
"At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously." 

Uh huh.  Sure. 

I have a hard time respecting a closet case that rails against gays, then turns out to be one; no matter what his stance on guns is.

Nitrogen nails it.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »

Maybe he uses anti-gay pit bulls. grin
LMAO.

The sick puppy (Sen Craig, not his anti-gay pitbulls) has got to go. Sex in public places, especially dog-nasty public restrooms, is unacceptable behavior.

I am not overly concerned about the dichotomy of his voting record and his penchant for unseemly behavior with other men.  Lots of folks do what they know is wrong.  At least he is not so calloused as to think it right and advocate for it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 09:33:21 AM »
Well, he was dumb enough to plead guilty.  Not what I would expect from a politician.

Was he anti-gay or just anti-gay-marriage? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pew pew pew

• friend
  • Hello!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »
LMAO.

The sick puppy (Sen Craig, not his anti-gay pitbulls) has got to go. Sex in public places, especially dog-nasty public restrooms, is unacceptable behavior.

I am not overly concerned about the dichotomy of his voting record and his penchant for unseemly behavior with other men.  Lots of folks do what they know is wrong.  At least he is not so calloused as to think it right and advocate for it.

So you're not at all concerned about hypocrisy in your politicians?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »

I thought that was requirement #1 to be a politician.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »
LMAO.

Not as much as many on the left are, who consider it to be one of only two sins left worth excoriating.  The other sin being insufficient kowtowing to Designated Victim Groups.

It is not a positive attribute, IMO, but better than having the likes of Craig advocating for what is wrong.  The preferable situation is for congresscritters to both act and advocate for what is right.

I once read somewhere, "Hypocrisy is the compliment vice pays to virtue."  I think that refers to folks who are gone far enough to do what is wrong, but know it as wrong and have the shame to try to keep it under wraps.  A worse situation is someone who does what is wrong but does not understand it to be so and advocates for what is wrong.

I am still waiting for the example of "viciously anti-gay record" and how it differs from a "non-viciously anti-gay record."

wmenorr67 gets in the best cynical quip of the day.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 09:58:26 AM »
Hey, this is his personal life.  His personal life shouldn't matter.  How dare you judge him!!   angel angel angel
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 10:01:27 AM »
Hey jfruser,

I have to disagree with you about what is worse.  I say it is worse to know something is wrong and continue to support that wrong doing.  If someone does something that they don't know is wrong there is a chance for them to change once the wrong is pointed out.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »
wmenorr67:

I think we are starting with different assumptions.  I believe it is your contention that the person simply does not know what is wrong due to ignorance.  Correct?

My assumption is that the person is not ignorant, has been made aware of it, and yet continues to advocate for what is wrong. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton