Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic APS meet and gunshow trip?  (Read 8841 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Mid-Atlantic APS meet and gunshow trip?
« on: June 18, 2008, 07:39:53 AM »
For all you Mid-Atlantic APSers...

Is there any interest in getting together for "The Nation's Gunshow" in Chantilly on July 25-27 (http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/)?  I know there are a bunch of us within a 2hr drive of the venue.  We could descend en masse, buy all the guns and supplies we can after paying for the gas to get there, then find a place to eat.  Depending on everyone's mood, we could possibly add a trip to Bull Run for clays or the NRA HQ range for general shootin'.

Anybody interested?

Chris

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Mid-Atlantic APS meet and gunshow trip?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »
i can try to take off work and bring dad, but i need to know the day ya'll will be there. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

nico

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:44 AM »
I may be.  But it's hard to predict my schedule that far in advance.  I'll keep an eye on any plans you make.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 07:54:57 AM »
Any day is fine with me.  I live just down RT28 in Manassas, so the logistical problems for any of the three days are minor.  You guys name the day you prefer and we'll see what works best for everyone.

I will say that the selection starts getting picked over by Sunday, but you can sometimes get good deals on Sunday by waving cash at vendors. 

Oh, and there are frequently long lines to get in when it opens.  You either need to get there early or a couple hours after it opens. 

Chris

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »
Mid-Atlantic APS meet?......are we mooring the pirate ship in the Azores, now?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
No, but you could probably bring it up the Potomac and grab a cab to the Dulles Expo Center. Smiley

Chirs

Iain

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
Mid-Atlantic APS meet?......are we mooring the pirate ship in the Azores, now?....

I was going to say - I might be able to make this one. Need to work on my backstroke for a while first though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
Iain, you know you want to...

Chris

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »
The Saturday is our office picnic, which is more or less a command performance, so I won't go to the river that weekend. Sunday will work.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »

Chris

shocked

BTW, last gun show I went to, I was wearing a Blue Sun shirt, a LOT of people knew just what it was, and one vendor even snorted their drink when they saw it, then immediately wanted to know where they could order them. cheesy

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »

Chris
I looked at the pictures on that site, and I know that I want to, and still don't. I'd just walk around being pissed off/sad that I couldn't buy anything besides knifes, beef jerky and Chinese made Nazi-memorabilia. And I hate beef jerky. And I don't have any use for swastika flags either...and I couldn't afford all the neat knifes I'd want either. Damn sad.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »

shocked

BTW, last gun show I went to, I was wearing a Blue Sun shirt, a LOT of people knew just what it was, and one vendor even snorted their drink when they saw it, then immediately wanted to know where they could order them. cheesy

There are actually two shows that size in the state.  The other is in Richmond.  Roanoke's two shows are pretty good sized as well.  The rest are pretty small.

The Blue Sun shirt is pretty cool.  Gotta pair it with blue latex gloves. Smiley

Chris

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
I'm in.  Say when and where and I'll be there.

It'll be nice to finally meet Chris and crew. 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »
perhaps someone should sticky this or a new thread about this little get together?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »
I can't go to any gunshows out of state, particularly if they have good deals.

Because I'd buy enough mags and parts kits to make the national news if stopped on the way home.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:56 AM »
made sticky.

eww, what's this all over my hands... Cheesy

Chris

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »
Hoppes?
One day at a time.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
just spoke to dad and he's willing, even if i have to drag him.

my only request is, if we go shooting can we go somewhere that does regular shooting? he only has one eye and doesn't do skeet.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »
That would be the NRA range up RT 50.

Chris

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »
made sticky.

eww, what's this all over my hands... Cheesy

Chris

Please, we really don't want to know.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »
Okay let me know what ya'll decide.  We leave for NC that sunday, so I might be too busy getting ready for that trip....but I'd like to try and make it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:14 AM »
Any updates?  I still plan on going.  Need to buy bunches of mags for the AR/AK's.  grin

edit: I may not be able to make it on Saturday.  Wife just told me her aunt/uncle are coming in that weekend and I was tasked to accomodate her requests.  :<(

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »
No updates.  It looks like Sunday might work out better based on responses so far (two for Sunday, one for Saturday). 

There's a really good cheeseburger place in Sterling, just a few miles down Rt28 from the Expo Center.  I don't think they serve alcohol, so CCW should be kosher there.  Their online menu doesn't show any beer, nor did I notice any last time I was there.

Chris

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:05 PM »
Nothing wrong with a good old American Cheeseburger after rummaging through a good old American gunshow grin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
i probably won't make it. in addition the the fact that i have to work, i have no gun money.  sad

we will be spending all availble gun money on the p220 and mags for the p220 and h&K psp.

but i'll see if i can't show up in the afternoon or something. if you see a girl with curly brown hair drooling over stuff she obviously can't afford. its me.  cheesy