Author Topic: Covid: Trigger of rare blood clots with AstraZeneca jab found by scientists  (Read 331 times)

dogmush

• friend
I am aware of some vaccines needing to be retaken after so much time.  I never really called it a booster in the past or at least it wasn't something I thought about.  I have gotten a repeat of the tetanus vaccine.  I was told they were good for 10 or 20 years. 

IMO, the main thing to take away from my first post above is that Astrazenica knew about the side effects and did their best to hide it.

That is not even a little bit what the articles you linked say. 

MechAg94

• friend
The families have initiated a class-action lawsuit, claiming the vaccine caused health issues as bad as death. The compensation claims for some of the affected parties could reach up to $25 million.

Despite contesting the allegations, AstraZeneca conceded in the document that its vaccine could cause TTS, albeit in rare cases. The condition, formerly known as vaccine-induced immune thrombocytopenia, has been a recognized but rare side effect of the vaccine.

The legal admission marks the first instance AstraZeneca has openly recognized the potential for its vaccine to cause the serious side effect in court following two years of acknowledgment in a medical context. The implications could pave the way for individual compensation claims, altering the landscape for those affected and their families.

So they made the admission in response to a lawsuit.  How long before that did they know about the potential side effects?  Was that publicized as a risk of taking their vaccine? 

You might accuse me of reading just a little more into what was said, but I don't think I am off in left field or anything.  Now they are taking it off the market.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
All vaccines require boosters. 

Inaccurate statement.  Some vaccines require periodic boosters, many do not, being one shot and done.  That the various versions of the Covid vaccines require boosters around every 90 days makes me very suspicious as to its efficacy.  And the vaccine manufacturers themselves have admitted the efficacy is quite limited in that it seldom prevents the disease.  Supposedly it mostly reduces one's chance of dying of Covid, or reduces the disease severity.  I really think it was, and still is, just a way for the manufacturers to scam tax dollars.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
From your linked article:

The company is pointing out that product information relating to the vaccine was updated in April 2021, with the approval of the UK regulator, to include “the possibility that the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine is capable, in very rare cases, of being a trigger for” TTS.

Wiki says the first dose outside trials was administered on Jan 4 2021.  4 months later they updated product info with a rare but potentially fatal side effect.  That doesn't read to me that evil big pharma knew all along it would kill people and hid it.  Although I guess you could argue that hiding the side effect in the vaccine information sheet was some kind of 4D chess move because no one reads those.  =D

I'm not saying I'd line up for this shot, even if it were offered somewhere I was (It actually was offered where I got my first COVID Shot, I chose J+J instead, with it's own list of issues), but it's a big stretch from: "This vaccine seems riskier for y age and health group than the disease" to "AZ purposefully hid fatal side effects so they could jab more people"; an outlook for which there does not seem to be much actual evidence.

dogmush

• friend
Inaccurate statement.  Some vaccines require periodic boosters, many do not, being one shot and done. 

I am aware of no vaccine that offers lifetime protection from one dose or series.  All of the "one and done" shots I am aware of in the US are that way because of very low risk of infections (see Polio and Smallpox), not indefinite protection.  As I alluded to earlier, Uncle Sam has sent me many places that have required follow up doses of vaccines most Americans only get once, so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of it, and the needle tracks to prove it.  :D

If you are aware of a vaccine that actually offers indefinite protection from one series, according to CDC, WHO, or the vaccine maker, I would be interested in learning of it.

cordex

• Administrator
If you are aware of a vaccine that actually offers indefinite protection from one series, according to CDC, WHO, or the vaccine maker, I would be interested in learning of it.
A quick search brings up Yellow Fever and MMR as a couple of examples.  Apparently live-attenuated vaccines are more effective in the long-term than non-live vaccines, which makes sense as they are more similar to actually catching the disease and therefore your body would be more adapted to learning from them.

I think that people going into regions where they are likely to be exposed (such as people in the military) may still be given additional "boosters" for a variety of reasons including potentially mistaken records of previous vaccinations, variations in individual immune systems, and so forth.  Easier to just give the additional vaccine.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I stand somewhat corrected.  Many vaccines require two doses to achieve lifetime protection.  Others multiple doses to continue protection.  It depends on how the vaccine is designed.  From the CDC website:

"A single dose of vaccine provides only partial protection. The number of doses needed to achieve immunity depends on whether the antigen in a vaccine is alive or not. Because they contain living bacteria or viruses, live-attenuated vaccines can provide enduring protection with only two doses. By contrast, non-live vaccines typically require at least three doses to achieve protection that fades over time and must be restored with booster doses."
The article goes on to state that some live-attenuated vaccines do provide lifetime protection with only one dose and one follow-on booster.
Research on this subject is time consuming because most everything that comes up with the googles and duckz is related to the covids.  Very little comes up unrelated.  There may be some one-and-done shots out there that just don't come up due to the overwhelming bunch of covid related stuff that results from most search terms.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I had a metric boatload of vaccinations before making eventually cancelled excursions to Panama and the Philippines at Uncle Sam's request in 1975.  They were cancelled because of the evacuation of Saigon in April that year.  I had a bunch of the vaccines repeated, likely for reasons cordex mentioned, just before a float to Australia in Sept. 1976.  Lots of holes in my shoulders during that time.

JTHunter

• friends
I am very suspicious of any vaccine that requires booster after booster after booster, every few months to ensure its efficacy.  Sorta makes me wonder if it really works at all.
And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, yes, there are some exceptions to my suspicions.  Tetanus vaccines for one.

Tetanus boosters are only "suggested" if you have suffered an injury that might allow the bacteria to grow.  They aren't needed every few months like this "experimental vaccine".
And, for the government to give "blanket immunity" for any potential problems this "vaccine" caused tells ME that it isn't to be trusted.  :facepalm:

ETA: And Ben is right about the polio vaccines.  I had both the Salk and Sabin vaccines while in elementary school, somewhere between 1959 and 1963.  In that same time period, I had the TB shot where they make a little bubble of solution under your skin to see if you react to it, indicating you may actually HAVE TB.
Never had anything TB-related since.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
I think that people going into regions where they are likely to be exposed (such as people in the military) may still be given additional "boosters" for a variety of reasons including potentially mistaken records of previous vaccinations, variations in individual immune systems, and so forth.  Easier to just give the additional vaccine.

True, and I can understand that thought, especially in a military setting but generally any American going to a place where diseases that are normally "one and done vaccinations" are endemic is recommended to "update" their vaccines.

I would just say, especially in the context of this thread on not having, shall we say, 100% confidence in Public Health officials and pharma companies, that when they say "Yeah this vaccine gives you 99% protection from this rare disease you are unlikely to ever encounter for life!  Totally!" and follow that up with "Oh, you are going somewhere you might actually get exposed to the disease?  You should get a booster, just in case."  I question the lifetime protection claim.

FWIW MMR and Yellow Fever were both added to the DOD "Vaccines that need to get boosted/redone" in the mid 20teens.  I had a heck of a time convincing the local Walgreens that I really did need an MMR at 35.  I think it's mostly Measles they are worried about with that one.  Interestingly, COVID is one the DOD isn't requiring us to update.  Someone decided the disease wasn't bad enough anymore to be worth the publicity, lawsuits, and hit to retention. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Tetanus boosters are only "suggested" if you have suffered an injury that might allow the bacteria to grow.  They aren't needed every few months like this "experimental vaccine".

Actually, that was kind of my point.  Sorry I didn't make it clear.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Tetanus boosters are recommended every 10 years.

Every doctor I've ever had has tracked my tetanus booster status.

I know someone who contracted tetanus from a rose thorn prick in his garden. After almost dying twice because of compromised breathing and then pneumonia, and being hospitalized for several weeks, he lived with the after effects for several years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.