Author Topic: Fast & Furious hearings: too little, too late?  (Read 1601 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Fast & Furious hearings: too little, too late?
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/07/fast-and-furious-report-slams-holder-doj-for-deception-in-gun-running-scandal.html

Members of a congressional committee at a public hearing Wednesday blasted former President Barack Obama and his attorney general for allegedly covering up an investigation into the death of a Border Patrol agent killed as a result of a botched government gun-running project known as Operation Fast and Furious.

More details at the link.

I imagine the Republicans will lambast Obama and Holder for a bit, then the whole matter will be forgotten.  No one will stand trial; no one will go to jail, although they richly deserve to.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fast & Furious hearings: too little, too late?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:31:12 PM »
I'm more interested, now that the specter of impeachment has been raised given flesh, and feted with a ticker-tape parade; in Hillary Clinton being convicted and imprisoned for her several crimes relating to classified material.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:41:26 PM »
Can we at least gets some heads rolling at the BATFE headquarters over the whole thing? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »
Bread and circuses.
Nothing will come of any of it.
All the hard hitting "congressional investigations" we've seen, F&F, IRS, Benghazi, Hillary's email...nothing comes of any of it. Trey Gowdy and his posse grandstand and pander to their base and it means nothing.
*expletive deleted*ck 'em all.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 01:54:42 AM »
Isn't this pretty much the same thing they're trying to impeach Trump for right now?  Interfering/attempting to cover up an investigation?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »
Isn't this pretty much the same thing they're trying to impeach Trump for right now?  Interfering/attempting to cover up an investigation?

That would be true to form, given that Trump's foes keep turning out to have done what they're falsely accusing him of.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
Darryl Issa, Trey Gowdy - much posturing, much harumphing, NO prosecutions, NO fines, NO jail . . .

Wasn't Eric Holder cited for contempt? What came of it? NADA.

The ONLY trial I remember hearing about that came out of congressional hearings was that of Roger Clemens, who was accused of lying about alleged steroid use to a panel of politicians. And that was a case of "WTF are elected officials wasting time on petty cr@p like this for?" (He was acquitted on all counts.) He's just a bleeping athlete - an entertainer. NOTHING he does or did matters in the long run, and in a few years he'll be nothing more than a topic in sport triva games. How does his alleged "crime" - lying to professional career liars - compare with Fast&Furious - where people died? Or weaponizing the IRS against political opponents? Or endangering the nation's security with an insecure server? Or Benghazi - where people died. And on and on and on.

Pure political theater - nothing more.

Just makes me so :mad:  that I want to [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »
If anything will happen I doubt we would see it until Trumps lower level appointments are approved in the Senate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
These are all the same people investigating each other. They're not going to put anyone in jail. It would be like you jailing your brother.

It is just a stinking swamp.