Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 450447 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5900 on: September 04, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »
The largest county in Washington, King County, is now maintaining a dashboard showing COVID outcomes by vaccination status:

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/vaccination-outcomes.aspx

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5901 on: September 05, 2021, 09:15:12 AM »
Rolling Stone claimed that an Oklahoma hospital was overwhelmed by patients overdosing on the "horse dewormer" Ivermectin.* The big MSM outlets picked it up without "fact checking". The hospital called them out. Note the image of "gunshot victims" waiting in line to be seen. Also note what they are wearing, even though it is apparently sweltering in OK right now. As usual though, the story spread like wildfire, and the correction is practically hidden. This will end up being a "fact" in historical documentation.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/05/no-one-thought-to-fact-check-rolling-stone-rachel-maddow-busted-pushing-fake-story-about-ok-hospitals-overwhelmed-with-horse-dewormer-ods/

* It appears that this "horse dewormer" has been used by billions of humans. Likely more human use than horse use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5902 on: September 05, 2021, 09:37:13 AM »
Rolling Stone claimed that an Oklahoma hospital was overwhelmed by patients overdosing on the "horse dewormer" Ivermectin.* The big MSM outlets picked it up without "fact checking". The hospital called them out. Note the image of "gunshot victims" waiting in line to be seen. Also note what they are wearing, even though it is apparently sweltering in OK right now. As usual though, the story spread like wildfire, and the correction is practically hidden. This will end up being a "fact" in historical documentation.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/05/no-one-thought-to-fact-check-rolling-stone-rachel-maddow-busted-pushing-fake-story-about-ok-hospitals-overwhelmed-with-horse-dewormer-ods/

* It appears that this "horse dewormer" has been used by billions of humans. Likely more human use than horse use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Well it just HAD to be true those rubes in flyover country are just idiots, right?

Also this story is debunked but you will see it repeated thousands of times by fact by the same idiots who will claim anything you say isn’t true.

There is no reasoning with shitlibs.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5903 on: September 07, 2021, 08:43:57 AM »
Gee, this doesn't at all sound like something a prison warden would say:

From Monday, fully vaccinated residents in NSW will be granted some additional freedoms, such as one extra hour of outdoor exercises.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/one-stop-shop-vaccine-passport-and-check-in-app-for-nsw_3984554.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5904 on: September 07, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
This morning, one of our patients told us he was the manager of the local Coastal Farm and Ranch, which has 19 locations in the PNW.  He said that ivermectin now has prolonged shipping times in the supply chain, and all of the stores now have to keep it behind the counter since it was being shoplifted frequently.  Interesting.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5905 on: September 07, 2021, 01:26:52 PM »
Gee, this doesn't at all sound like something a prison warden would say:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/one-stop-shop-vaccine-passport-and-check-in-app-for-nsw_3984554.html

They are expanding liberty Ben, a more inclusive freedom  =D

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5906 on: September 07, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »
This morning, one of our patients told us he was the manager of the local Coastal Farm and Ranch, which has 19 locations in the PNW.  He said that ivermectin now has prolonged shipping times in the supply chain, and all of the stores now have to keep it behind the counter since it was being shoplifted frequently.  Interesting.

If somebody is thinking about going that route I would check out options with this group before using the off the shelf veterinary stuff.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5907 on: September 07, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »
DeSelby will be checking in from Camp Happy Friends to give us an update on all the new liberties that the Aussies can look forward to enjoying.

He will only have 15 minutes to chat with us though because his allowance on the community computer takes in mind that "too much freedom is licentiousness", so 15 minutes.

Hopefully, he'll be back home soon if he works hard enough. He's been told "work sets you free" so he is buckling down in his position of official camp resident representative of the government, working hard.

:laugh:

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5908 on: September 07, 2021, 01:58:06 PM »
If somebody is thinking about going that route I would check out options with this group before using the off the shelf veterinary stuff.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Indeed, If you want to try Ivermectin, getting a properly formulated Human anti-parasitic is better than horse (or sheep) dewormer.

ETA: That sounded snarkier than I meant it to.  I am not hating on folks that want to try Ivermectin.  Dosed properly it's unlikely to hurt you , and may help you get over COVID.  I might hate a little on folks that think veterinary medicines are interchangeable with human medicines just based on active ingredients though.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 02:11:13 PM by dogmush »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5909 on: September 07, 2021, 02:00:53 PM »
Are any Dem governors signing emergency orders banning Ivermectin yet like they did HCQ?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5910 on: September 07, 2021, 02:40:52 PM »
Are any Dem governors signing emergency orders banning Ivermectin yet like they did HCQ?

But a judge did overturn the order to give ivermectin to a patient in the hospital:  https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/forced-use-of-horse-dewormer-on-covid-patient-overturned-by-ohio-judge/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5911 on: September 07, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »

Are your er's over run with people that ODed on ivermectin and your gunshot victims waiting in the parking lot wearing their winter coats like happened in Oklahoma last week?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5913 on: September 07, 2021, 03:30:57 PM »
But a judge did overturn the order to give ivermectin to a patient in the hospital:  https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/forced-use-of-horse-dewormer-on-covid-patient-overturned-by-ohio-judge/

In my continuing Quixoteian saga of calling out disinformation on both sides, that headline is a lie.  Horse dewormer was not prescribed, nor was it administered to Mr. Smith.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5914 on: September 07, 2021, 03:36:42 PM »
In my continuing Quixoteian saga of calling out disinformation on both sides, that headline is a lie.  Horse dewormer was not prescribed, nor was it administered to Mr. Smith.

IMO, anytime the term "horse dewormer" is used in a headline, the article is propaganda and not worth reading.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5915 on: September 07, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-starts-dosing-patients-oral-covid-19-drug-trial-2021-09-01/
Pfizer, Merck launch new trials of oral COVID-19 drugs

Anyone know much about this.  Curious if any of these are similar to existing drugs. 

Merck said in June that the U.S. government agreed to pay about $1.2 billion for 1.7 million courses of molnupiravir, if it is proven to work and authorized by regulators. The company said it expected to file for U.S. emergency use authorization of molnupiravir in the second half of 2021 at the earliest.

Pfizer said in July if the PF-07321332 trial was successful, it would file for a potential emergency use authorization in the fourth quarter.
Why would the US Govt buy a bunch of doses? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5917 on: September 07, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
https://youtu.be/3O_7O9_nV10

Joe Rogan on his covid experience and taking ivermectin.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5918 on: September 07, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »
Immune System Criticized As Anti-Science
https://babylonbee.com/news/immune-system-criticized-as-anti-science

Growsky continued, “How can we expect the human body to keep track of every microbe it’s ever killed, and know how to kill it again quickly if it ever returns? It is as nonsensical as it sounds.”

The CDC no longer recommends worrying about your physical fitness level, eating a well-balanced diet, or taking vitamins as these are only important if you trust your immune system.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5919 on: September 08, 2021, 05:01:19 AM »
Someone in the MSM will be along shortly fact checking that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5920 on: September 08, 2021, 05:03:26 AM »
Oh and the flu says hi

Health officials warn of dangerous flu season
https://www.wave3.com/2021/09/08/health-officials-warn-dangerous-flu-season/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5921 on: September 08, 2021, 09:35:24 AM »
Oh and the flu says hi

Health officials warn of dangerous flu season
https://www.wave3.com/2021/09/08/health-officials-warn-dangerous-flu-season/
Nice to know the traditional annual medical warnings are still around.  Makes one think we might get back to normal one day.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5922 on: September 08, 2021, 09:36:20 AM »
Hmmm...https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new-details-emerge-about-coronavirus-research-at-chinese-lab/

I see a number of people talking about this that it shows Fauci lied to Congress.  I doubt anything will come of it. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5923 on: September 08, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »
I see a number of people talking about this that it shows Fauci lied to Congress.  I doubt anything will come of it.

Such a pessimist. I'm sure Congress will do the right thing, and apologize for asking Fauci questions he didn't want to answer.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 11:10:26 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5924 on: September 09, 2021, 10:07:53 AM »
So on that Oklahoma fake news about Ivermectin ODs making gunshot victims wait in line? An actual reporter asked the Sheriff in the county in question about it. He said they have had exactly one gunshot victim all year this year. Getting LE stats might have been one of the first things Rolling Stone might have wanted to try, if they were journalismers.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/09/09/welcome-to-the-world-of-post-journalism-liberal-journo-zaid-jilani-torches-mainstream-media-over-oklahoma-ivermectin-story/