Author Topic: Restaurant posts "No Trump Voters" signs  (Read 1773 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Restaurant posts "No Trump Voters" signs
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »
http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/12/28/no-nazis-restaurant-in-hawaii-tells-trump-voters-they-cannot-eat-here/

I hope they get lots of feedback from Gays for Trump meet-up groups.

(I know those probably aren't a thing in Hawaii, but they could be, um, invented, right?  =) )
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Restaurant posts "No Trump Voters" signs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:16:10 PM »
They should just bake the damn cake.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:40:54 PM »
"Trump voter" is not a protected category. So, the fact is, they probably can ban trump voters but notban gays. It's not a logical fact, but it's a legal fact.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:22:12 AM »
"Trump voter" is not a protected category. So, the fact is, they probably can ban trump voters but notban gays. It's not a logical fact, but it's a legal fact.

Oh, I know. Just another data point in the Orwellian nature of "protected classes."

Walmart recently told me I couldn't buy Sudafed for my wife. I could only buy it for myself. I thought about going back and telling them my wife needed it for a same-sex "wedding." (Of course, I just went and bought it at a grocery store, and said nothing about my wife.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:49:52 AM »
Walmart recently told me I couldn't buy Sudafed for my wife. I could only buy it for myself. I thought about going back and telling them my wife needed it for a same-sex "wedding." (Of course, I just went and bought it at a grocery store, and said nothing about my wife.)

Just tell them she's using the money from the meth sales to bring in more refugees.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
How the ****** are they going to enforce this?   Are Trump voters condemned to wear a scarlet T on them? 
I mean, they can ask I guess ... and the potential guest can always lie ... which is no more immoral in these circumstances than what the restaurant is doing ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
That "sign" looks like it was scrawled out by an elementary school child. This guy runs a business?

How the ****** are they going to enforce this?   Are Trump voters condemned to wear a scarlet T on them?  I mean, they can ask I guess...
I feel like the article made that pretty clear  ???
Quote from: The Article
the restaurant is not actually asking customers whether they voted for President-elect Trump, and said even if they see a customer with a Trump shirt, “we don’t put anything different [in] your food.”
“Robert just wants to express how much he doesn’t like Trump”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »
How the ****** are they going to enforce this?   Are Trump voters condemned to wear a scarlet T on them? 
I mean, they can ask I guess ... and the potential guest can always lie ... which is no more immoral in these circumstances than what the restaurant is doing ....

It makes the owners feel good, that they are showing their protest.  Kind of like below.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »
he restaurant is not actually asking customers whether they voted for President-elect Trump, and said even if they see a customer with a Trump shirt, “we don’t put anything different [in] your food.”
“Robert just wants to express how much he doesn’t like Trump”

Well, he says he won't put anything different in the food. I guess the good news is that he's upfront with the sign. If you really like his food, go eat it (but still don't wear a "Trump" shirt) or else know to cross the place off your list. The ones I would worry about are those that feel as he does but don't have signs. Walk into their restaurants with a Trump shirt, and you may or may not end up with trouser food.

As a private business, he can do what he wants, though the "won't serve you, you nazi!" is a bit off-putting. I prefer the way they do it at a place I go to when in Mammoth Lakes, The Outlaw Saloon. They have the below sign, which states their political view, but doesn't do the "won't serve you" thing. Actually their sign is more of a gutsy move than the Hawaii guy's sign, since the Hawaii guy is safe in his majority. Mammoth is a liberal conclave in otherwise conservative Mono County, so the saloon has a lot more business to potentially lose (though they're always pretty packed).

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 01:21:52 PM »
Actually their sign is more of a gutsy move than the Hawaii guy's sign, since the Hawaii guy is safe in his majority. Mammoth is a liberal conclave in otherwise conservative Mono County, so the saloon has a lot more business to potentially lose (though they're always pretty packed).

Somebody has to cater to the local iconoclasts. He's just doing the work Americans don't want to do -- providing a counterpoint to the special snowflake saloons in the region.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design