Author Topic: Just saw my second favorite movie this year...  (Read 716 times)

Greg Levy

Just saw my second favorite movie this year...
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
Just got back from seeing Transformers with my wife, and while I would like to pump it up as much as possible, I can't call it the best movie I have seen this year.  That distinction still goes to 300.

But...Transformers was a highly entertaining movie.  I am glad that they waited to make it this long, so that they could get it right with the special effects. 

I am not going to say that the plot was amazing, but let's face it, it's a Micheal Bay flick about giant robots...the plot is just there to give him an excuse to blow things up.  And, blow things up they did.  I will probably see it at least one more time at the the theaters, as it is a definite 'big screen' kind of movie. 

greg

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Re: Just saw my second favorite movie this year...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 08:00:24 PM »
I saw it earlier this morning.  (Being unemployed has its privileges) and was grinning like a kid the entire time.

MY wife however would not go with me, but I'll forgive her for that eventually.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
I'm gonna go see it sometime this week.  I didn't think my wife would want to see it, but when I suggested to my brothers going to see it for a "guys night", she smacked me in the arm and made it clear that she wanted to see it too...  Smiley

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »
I am not going to say that the plot was amazing, but let's face it, it's a Micheal Bay flick about giant robots...the plot is just there to give him an excuse to blow things up.  And, blow things up they did.  I will probably see it at least one more time at the the theaters, as it is a definite 'big screen' kind of movie. 

greg

I'd have to say the whole thing was a promo for Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.  The scenes with close air support were very nifty.  Of course, my company's product wins the prize for supreme destruction in the very beginning of the movie.  (Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low)

Yea, I definitely second that the plot isn't very 'complicated', but very pretty eyecandy.  Unless you have a killer home entertainment system, watch it on the big screen.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Greg Levy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »
Unless you have a killer home entertainment system, watch it on the big screen.

That's what I am telling everyone work...if you have any desire at all to see this flick, don't talk yourself into 'waiting for video'.

greg