Author Topic: Quick question, 3 round burst  (Read 887 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Quick question, 3 round burst
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »
Am I correct in thinking that 3 round burst mode on rifles just limits the full auto to 3 rounds and doesn't force you to fire 3 rounds with every touch of the trigger?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Quick question, 3 round burst
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
Correct. Although with the M16, I believe it has a counter so if you only fire one round in 3-round burst mode, the next time you hold down the trigger, it will only shoot a max of 2 rounds, and vice versa.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:47:10 AM »
That is pretty interesting...
I'll have to look into that.
Edit:  Found someone else saying the same thing, but no hard evidence.  I'll trust you, though. Grin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »
Let me put a disclaimer that I have no personal experience with the M16, just with my AR-15; but I have read in several places I consider reliable that is how the 3-round burst counter operates. I'm sure one of our members with military experience will correct me if I'm mistaken.  smiley

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »
There is a little cam along side the hammer that rotates allowing the three-shot burst. You can squeeze the trigger and release it fast enough to only allow one or two shots. When you press the trigger again it will only allow how ever many shots are left in the cycle. You then have to reset and press the trigger again if you want the full three-shot burst.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »
stevelyn beat me to it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »
I've always known that you could fire individual shots in burst (because hey, you can fire one shot in full auto mode), but that cam that counts the shots is news to me.
Guns sure are amazing. Cheesy

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
I've always known that you could fire individual shots in burst (because hey, you can fire one shot in full auto mode), but that cam that counts the shots is news to me.
Guns sure are amazing. Cheesy

It's how the thing works.  I've function checked my M16 enough, and played around with it enough to know that this is indeed the behavior.  I guess they decided it wasn't worth the required extra complexity to make the thing reset everytime you released the trigger.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
Correct. Although with the M16, I believe it has a counter so if you only fire one round in 3-round burst mode, the next time you hold down the trigger, it will only shoot a max of 2 rounds, and vice versa.

You are correct.

However, H&K has a "touch it and it fires 3x!" trigger group for burst mode.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »
Sure is, it's pretty widely known; touch the M-16's trigger in burst mode, fire 1 shot, and the next burst will be 1 or 2.

Hold it down, it'll be 3

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »

Bit useless to the average M16 shooter, but if you hold the trigger for a moment after firing a round in single fire mode, you'll hear a click.  I'm told it resets the trigger pull.  Part of the three round burst trigger assembly is having slightly different trigger pulls when operating in single fire mode.  Maybe it's just my brain, but I always shot more accurately when doing the above trick.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.