Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 684 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Fireworks
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »
Anyone doing their own fireworks shows tonight?  My brother and I were just out back blowing up some small firecrackers.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »
Yep.

Wife and I had a small display.  Amazing to me, fireworks are legal in NH and they are legal to set-off in my town as well as most others.  But no bottle rockets.  Not really much of a selection at the local store, either.  Still, it's nice to be legal for once.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 07:51:15 PM »
Lots of people in my neighborhodd are launching illegal (i.e., good) fireworks. Good fireworks are only illegal in the city (Albuquerque/Rio Rancho), so there's a big Black Cat store (open year-round!) in Moriarty, about 30 minutes east of Alb. If I had known everybody was going to be in on it...

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:00:29 PM »
Not around here.  Way too dry. Big fire danger.  Temp 109 today.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:56 PM »
I shot the city fireworks....  man those quick fuses and chain fires... Smiley

You ain't lived until you shoot off an 8" mortar.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »
Helped a friend at his party last night. He had bought about 60 mortar shells (illegal of course). The challenging part was getting 3 of us to light a shell off at the same time- fuses were fast and explosions were big.  grin
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »
Most fun thing I have done.  We had a bunch of bottle rockets that were a few years old.  Fuses are unreliable in my opinion on old fireworks and bottle rockets will go off two feet in front of you.  We had a some sparklers with the frilly ends and a 4" piece of pipe. 

We stuffed the 4" pipe with bottle rockets.  We broke the sticks on the sparklers so they would burn down below the level of the bottle rockets and distributed them in with the bottle rockets.  We lit off the sparklers.  The bottle rockets started going off.  The were a few seconds in there where a couple dozen were shooting off every second.  It was a pretty cool display and a lot of fun. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

crt360

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
We usually have a burn ban here around this time of year, but it's been so rainy lately that all of the lakes are about to overflow and I'm working on plans for an ark.  I've have never seen as much personal firework activity as I did last night.  Despite being illegal in the city limits, fireworks were going off non-stop on nearly every block.  From my office window, it was cool to watch.  Apparently law enforcement was making no effort to control it.  I even saw kids shooting rockets half a block from the police station and no one was stopping them.
For entertainment purposes only.