Author Topic: I Can't Wait for the Video! - Detroit Police Officer Fight Each Other  (Read 859 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://amp.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/detroit-police-officers-fight-each-other-in-undercover-op-gone-wrong

It appears that two different Detroit undercover units decided to set up a drug deal with each other.  Lots of fun ensued. 

The site isn't letting me click on anything to get a quote pulled out.  However, it did say there was at least some body cam footage of the event and the news is trying to get copies.  That ought to be fun to watch.   :lol:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

castle key

• friend
Re: I Can't Wait for the Video! - Detroit Police Officer Fight Each Other
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
Deconfliction is critical. Failure can be fatal. I was undercover on a prostitution detail and spent many minutes trying to pick up a young lady. Neither of us would say the magic words leading to arrest. I was avoiding a potential entrapment allegation and I thought she was wise enough to avoid saying the words that would be elements of the prostitution offense.

After a bit, both us realized that we were all police officers but from different departments.

That was amusing but at least not potentially fatal.

UC drug work is inherently dangerous and the commanders bear the full brunt of not knowing who was working where.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
I vaguely remember a story, years ago, where some agency was trying to get a politician for bribery & corruption.

When they went in to bust him, THEY were confronted by members of another Federal agency. (Maybe the FBI?) At first contact, the politician had contacted the feds to report a bribery attempt, and was wearing a wire at the time.

Much hilarity ensued.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »
I vaguely remember a story, years ago, where some agency was trying to get a politician for bribery & corruption.

When they went in to bust him, THEY were confronted by members of another Federal agency. (Maybe the FBI?) At first contact, the politician had contacted the feds to report a bribery attempt, and was wearing a wire at the time.

Much hilarity ensued.

I remember this was the plot of a "Night Court" episode. And yes, hilarity ensued.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »
Jokes aside, there's a lesson as armed citizens in this as well.  If the cops are willing to throw down with each other, better be careful about being armed when responding units arrive on scene...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark