Author Topic: anyone watching Utopia on Amazon?  (Read 699 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
anyone watching Utopia on Amazon?
« on: July 31, 2022, 04:22:31 AM »
 really good mix of comic book fandom, liberal tree huggers, paranoid preppers and evil stealthy intelligence and creepy wealthy corporations hell bent on genocide because it is good for the planet.     Really interesting once you get past the first episode
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: anyone watching Utopia on Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 07:34:37 AM »
There are two versions of "Utopia" listed on Amazon prime that fit your description.  Which one are you watching?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 12:57:47 PM »
That doesn't sound like something Amazon would publish?

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 03:47:28 PM »
There are two versions of "Utopia" listed on Amazon prime that fit your description.  Which one are you watching?

the one with John Cusack as the evil genius
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 05:51:07 PM »
the one with John Cusack as the evil genius

Thanks for the clarification.  I usually like John Cusack as an actor, so I might give that one a try.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 06:31:23 PM »
That doesn't sound like something Amazon would publish?

I just finished season one and .... oop's ... no season two. I'm not surprised - but I would have to be a spoiler so ...