Author Topic: Windows 7 compatibility?  (Read 745 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Windows 7 compatibility?
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
My app I support does not work on Windows 7, I just found out last week, much to my chagrin.

I just let me developers know.

To get it to work, I had to enable Windows XP sp2 compatibility mode with it.

Now, I need to re-create the error, and I cannot figure out how to disable compatibility mode.  Anyone know?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Windows 7 compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »
I've found the right-click, properties, compatibility tab and I have that cleared out.

The app runs fine now... but it wasn't running fine when I first loaded Windows 7.  Frustrating.  Does anyone know where compatibility settings are stored in the registry?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Windows 7 compatibility?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
Does anyone know where compatibility settings are stored in the registry?

Beyond the sun?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB