Author Topic: Windham Weaponry shutting down  (Read 1005 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Windham Weaponry shutting down
« on: September 11, 2023, 07:50:20 PM »
Was a decent AR maker

From their website.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/
It is with deep regret that we announce the closing of Windham Weaponry. Our website/online retail ordering system will remain active through Tuesday night, Sept 12. We will do our best to ship all orders this week and early next week. No credit card will be charged until the order is shipped.

Twelve years ago, when we started Windham Weaponry, our shareholders and longtime employees were excited to continue the traditions and spirit of Bushmaster Firearms, after the new owners decided to leave Maine.

We built WW into a company we could be proud of providing outstanding customer service, high quality products, as well as a great place for our dedicated employees to work.

The last few years have been a very challenging time for the firearms industry, and we have struggled to keep the WW dream alive for as long as possible. Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet our loan obligations with the bank after they worked with us as much as they could.

There was a glimmer of hope when we were negotiating with an investor to help keep WW alive and healthy, but that just fell through.

We have begun discussions with Keenan Auction Company to determine the best course of action for a full liquidation which should happen within the next month or so.

Our shareholders and employees truly appreciate your loyal support all of these years.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Windham Weaponry shutting down
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 07:56:36 PM »
Sad.

Not only were they decent ARs -- the owner was a decent individual. He was the original owner of Bushmaster. He sold out to a corporation when he was ready to retire, but he was upset when the corporation shut down operations in Maine, putting a lot people out of work, and moved production to another state. So the guy came out of retirement and started Windham Weaponry for no reason other than to provide jobs for the people who had been put out of work by the new Bushmaster.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 08:00:19 PM »
I just remember they put their rifles on the market right when one of the AR shortages was in full swing (after Sandy Hook shooting?).  That was the only AR's a lot of stores could get their hands on.  I think they were forced to wait a year before marketing their own rifles as part of the factory purchase back from Remington. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 08:28:07 PM »
Sad to see a good gunmaker go under. I recall that when I moved here, many of their rifles were in the big box stores like Cabelas, but in the last couple of years, zip.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 08:39:54 PM »
Looks like they are selling just about the same 5.56 AR products as Bushmaster did in 2000.  For a little more money, of course.