Author Topic: park police try to stifle national anthem  (Read 790 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
park police try to stifle national anthem
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »
got this off drudge, some park pd tried to silence some youngsters from spontaneous
expression of patriotism ... they said they were stunned at first but then decided not to obey.
good for them I say!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJLo2TvLmU&feature=player_embedded

from NBC washington.com
Evan Gassman, a spokesman for the group, said, "I was taken aback. You wouldn’t expect a display of national patriotism to be censored." At that point, he said, it had become political -- and the group kept singing as an act of civil disobedience.

"If their idea of civil disobedience is singing the national anthem, then so be it," Gassman said. "Let them disobey."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Students-Silenced-for-Singing-Anthem-at-Lincoln-Memorial-100443134.html

(I sure hope I posted that correctly)
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: park police try to stifle national anthem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:43:28 AM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”