Author Topic: Made My First Political Donation of the Cycle  (Read 3443 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Made My First Political Donation of the Cycle
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
I tossed Fred $25 after he slapped Huck's shallow self about in the debate this PM.

Next time, he needs to give McAmnesty a thumping.

If y'all recall, I was one of the folks who was less enthused about Fred when all the speculation was hot about drafting him, etc.  I dug up every last bit that might be contrary to my take on the issues and posted them in THR's (then) Legal & Political.

Well, he has had to do the least re-tooling as a candidate and the re-tooling he had done has made him born again hard.  I will have no problem voting FOR a candidate, should (God willing and the creek don't rise) Fred make it to Texas's primary on 04MAR.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
Re: Made My First Political Donation of the Cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »
Yeah, this is the first time I have ever contributed money to a candidate also. Not the one of your choice, but still the first time. I must say I do enjoy watching Fred in the debates. While I don't agree with him as often a Paul, I love watching him smack around some of the others.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:59 PM »
Won't be any donations from me this cycle.

I thought about sending Kucinich a few bucks, decided I'd rather donate it to one of my chosen charities. (the Equal Access Fund of East Tennessee in this case - they provide funds for abortions when women can't afford the procedure)
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

SomeKid

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »
Wood, we have an organization like that in Tennessee? Well, we don't have an abortion center in my area, so I guess I don't care.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:23:20 AM »
Wood, we have an organization like that in Tennessee? Well, we don't have an abortion center in my area, so I guess I don't care.
I hear they're building one with Wooderson's donations.  I don't know why Wooderson hates little babies.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »
Won't be any donations from me this cycle.

I thought about sending Kucinich a few bucks, decided I'd rather donate it to one of my chosen charities. (the Equal Access Fund of East Tennessee in this case - they provide funds for abortions when women can't afford the procedure)

That is very noble.  Do you have a link?  I would definately support a group that does that kind of thing.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
I have contributed during other election cycles.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Iain

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
Probably one of several ignorant questions I will ask between now and the election - jfruser, Fred didn't do so well in NH - did he campaign at all, and at what stage in the process would you hope his profile and results will improve? Fascinated by your system.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 01:32:02 PM »
Probably one of several ignorant questions I will ask between now and the election - jfruser, Fred didn't do so well in NH - did he campaign at all, and at what stage in the process would you hope his profile and results will improve? Fascinated by your system.
He did not, or barely.
Fred's strategy is to go for the big Southern states, like SC and FL.  If he craps out in either of those his campaign is toast.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »
Iain:

What TR said.

Things do tend to get frisky in the primaries.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
I made my first ever political donation to Dr. Paul this past year, but if he doesn't last out the primaries, Fred is one of the few that I can consider voting for.  Either one of them will have to make some sort of move soon to even hang around much longer.

Also, as a general rule, I understand condoms are cheaper than abortions, but I guess we wouldn't want to encourage critical thinking if it can be avoided.

He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.