Author Topic: Republicans launch effort to revive Clinton candidacy  (Read 1698 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Republicans launch effort to revive Clinton candidacy
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
Republicans Launch Effort to Rescue Clinton Candidacy
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ? 37 Comments

(2008-01-07)  With the latest polls showing Democrat Sen. Barack Obama with a commanding lead in New Hampshire just hours before the states presidential primary, the Republican National Committee (RNC) today launched an effort to salvage the candidacy of presumed senator-for-life Hillary Clinton.

Sen. Clinton doesnt need money, so the RNC announced a three-pronged strategy to help her:
1) Packing Clinton campaign events with enthusiastic crowds of cheering Republicans, wearing silly hats and hemp-based fashions to conceal their identity
2) Urging conservative independents to vote for Sen. Clinton on Tuesday, and providing grief counselors and paramedical care at poll exits for those who comply
3) Luring former President Bill Clinton into campaigning for Sen. Obama instead, by offering him $10 million and a hip posse of Hollywood A-listers

Theres no difference in ideology or policies between Clinton and Obama, said an unnamed RNC source, But the last thing we want to face in November is a hopeful, inspiring, genuinely-likable adversary with no major ethical baggage. Thats just un-Democratic. We dont really have a viable strategy for that, since weve never had to run against such a person.

Post This to Your Facebook
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Republicans launch effort to revive Clinton candidacy
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
I know it's satire because the GOP couldn't organize a circle jerk much less a clever political campaign.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Republicans launch effort to revive Clinton candidacy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »
True, Rabbi.  Unfortunately, very true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.