Author Topic: Stalin Would be Proud  (Read 1343 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Stalin Would be Proud
« on: July 25, 2005, 04:52:20 AM »
What the heck is going on in NJ? That state is getting more and more wierd every day.

TRENTON, N.J. - Ashtrays have been disappearing in cars like fins on Cadillacs, and so could smoking while driving in New Jersey, under a measure introduced in the Legislature.

Although the measure faces long odds, it still has smokers incensed and arguing its a Big Brother intrusion that threatens to take away one of the few places they can enjoy their habit.

The day a politician wants to tell me I cant smoke in my car, thats the day he takes over my lease payments, said John Cito, a financial planner from Hackensack with a taste for $20 cigars.
Full Article: No Butts Behind the Wheel

NOW I am no fan of smoking. It killed both of my parents, an uncle and an aunt but smokers have rights too.

Their right to smoke ends where my lungs begin which means not smoking in public places as far as I am concerned.

BUT banning smoking in your private automobile is going too far! This kind of thing has got to stop before it gets any worse.

This attempt at banning smoking in cars is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with America today.

How to stop it though? How to stop it?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Justin

• friend
Stalin Would be Proud
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:02:45 AM »
I don't smoke, but stuff like this makes me want to start up a four-pack-a-day habit and smoke myself to death.   I kinda doubt that the great beyond includes a bunch of goose-stepping nanny statist health Nazis that constantly natter on about doing things "for your own good."
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

HForrest

Stalin Would be Proud
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 03:38:25 PM »
+1, Justin.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Stalin Would be Proud
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »
Their right to smoke ends where my lungs begin which means not smoking in public places as far as I am concerned.
I'd edit that to say public property (courthouses, parks, etc) and not just private property open to the public, and I agree.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Standing Wolf

• friend
Stalin Would be Proud
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 05:17:44 PM »
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.