Author Topic: Will Hayden (Sons of Guns star) convicted of sex crimes.  (Read 2462 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Will Hayden (Sons of Guns star) convicted of sex crimes.
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:25:41 PM »
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_a93d7a6a-1bad-11e7-8c58-9b96239d3134.html

Convicted in two cases, has others pending.  In short, he's toast.  Looking down the barrel of a life sentence.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Will Hayden (Sons of Guns star) convicted of sex crimes.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
Think we'll ever see him in the Angola rodeo?
I promise not to duck.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
Good on Louisiana for making life in prison possible for guys like this.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:10:19 AM »
My concern is that he was convicted of raping two women, the younger of which didn't come forward for 3 years - at that point, what physical evidence remains?  The older is enough to establish that he's got a target range(pedophile), but she didn't come forward for over 20 years.  That's even worse, isn't it?

That said, they felt they had enough, and were able to achieve a guilty verdict.  All I hope is that the guy's actually guilty.  That they were able to collaborate the women's testimony with other indicators that are often overlooked at the time.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:16 AM »
My concern is that he was convicted of raping two women, the younger of which didn't come forward for 3 years - at that point, what physical evidence remains?  The older is enough to establish that he's got a target range(pedophile), but she didn't come forward for over 20 years.  That's even worse, isn't it?

That said, they felt they had enough, and were able to achieve a guilty verdict.  All I hope is that the guy's actually guilty.  That they were able to collaborate the women's testimony with other indicators that are often overlooked at the time.

It probably didn't help his case that one of his employee's found him on a couch kissing he 15 YO, and turned him in.

Props to his Personal Assistant for doing the right thing, even though it killed her gravy train.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:19:56 AM »
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_a93d7a6a-1bad-11e7-8c58-9b96239d3134.html

Convicted in two cases, has others pending.  In short, he's toast.  Looking down the barrel of a life sentence.

Ne'er been dun before.  That's a game changer.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 07:12:40 AM »
"state District Judge Mike Erwin"

I always wanted to send someone to Angola...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 08:47:33 AM »
It probably didn't help his case that one of his employee's found him on a couch kissing he 15 YO, and turned him in.

Props to his Personal Assistant for doing the right thing, even though it killed her gravy train.

Yeah, speaking from experience, having a third party witness to something like this usually sews up the State's case, especially one who has no (apparent) motive to fabricate the story.  Just a little something like his assistant testifying about walking in on it will seriously bolster the credibility of the victim.  And, in cases like this, all the jury is looking for is something to support the victim.  Give them the testimony of the personal assistant, and the jury is ready to fill out the conviction forms.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »
Am I mistaken/misremembering, but didn't all of the gunshop shows that were on a few years ago end up folding because of legal issues of some of the participants?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 09:05:09 AM »
Am I mistaken/misremembering, but didn't all of the gunshop shows that were on a few years ago end up folding because of legal issues of some of the participants?
I know of two now.  How many shows were there?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »
I can think of three:  Sons of Guns, the one in Denver, and the one in Alaska.  AFAIK, the Alaska shop is still in business.  That is the one that WildAlaska owns/works at.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
American Guns and Sons of Guns are the two that I remember specifically, but I thought there were also at least two other "late comers" that came to air just before the first two collapsed.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 10:19:22 AM »
LA used to have the possible death penalty for child rape until the SC, in its majesty, declared it "cruel and unusual" some years ago.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
LA used to have the possible death penalty for child rape until the SC, in its majesty, declared it "cruel and unusual" some years ago.

And raping a child isn't?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »

Of course not. In the liberal mind, that's just pre-consentual sex that can be fixed with some hand puppets.

But the state MURDERING someone? Holy hell, man, what are you, some sort of troglodyte barbarian?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:43 PM »

Apparently not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
Thanks to the jury for saving us from more sons of guns stupidity...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”