Author Topic: Already tired of the gun owners crying wolf....  (Read 5036 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
Re: Already tired of the gun owners crying wolf....
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Why not the first one? Or any of the others? It seems like they've had the opportunity if they were going to go for it. I doubt the economy will be any better by the time it happens again.

That why i said, a "high value target". Think President Reagan 1981.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 09:12:08 PM »
Why not the first one? Or any of the others? It seems like they've had the opportunity if they were going to go for it. I doubt the economy will be any better by the time it happens again.

Because Obama wasn't in his final term during the first one. Had an AWB been passed prior to this election, Romney may still not have won, but the results would have looked significantly different I think, with perhaps even a Republican majority in the Senate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 12:30:33 AM »
I believe education is the key.  If we don't explain what the original AWB banned and how it was just based on cosmetics, it does get converts.

I have a friend on FB who supported it until I explained what it was about.  After piquing her interest, she looked it up on her own and came back with "WTH?!  It was just plastic parts!".  She lives in Portland, OR if that matters...

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »
I believe education is the key.  If we don't explain what the original AWB banned and how it was just based on cosmetics, it does get converts.

I have a friend on FB who supported it until I explained what it was about.  After piquing her interest, she looked it up on her own and came back with "WTH?!  It was just plastic parts!".  She lives in Portland, OR if that matters...

Knowledge is power. Why do you think They(tm) have worked so hard to corrupt the education system and control and subvert the information delivery vehicles (ie. the press)? Disfranchisement, manipulation and control through mass ignorance and carefully delivered misinformation.

....little too tinfoiley? I can't really tell anymore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 04:19:21 AM »
Specific guns may get banned and become pricey, but they will still be on the secondary market. Ammo and primers are not likely to be cheaper than now, I have money now, so i buy ammo and primers now.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 08:09:59 AM »
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
Nothing to see here, just move along ...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

I posted that on the previous page.  ;)  But it bears repeating. Know thine enemy.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
I don't believe much of what Obama says, but I believe he meant what he said during the debate about bringing back the assault weapon ban. I mean, why would he say that if he didn't mean it?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
SWMBO has said that if a ban is put in place I can purchase an EBR.  I now have very mixed feelings on an AWB!!

It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that an "incident" could be created by those who wish to have another, more permanent, AWB.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »
SWMBO has said that if a ban is put in place I can purchase an EBR.  I now have very mixed feelings on an AWB!!

It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that an "incident" could be created by those who wish to have another, more permanent, AWB.

If another ban is announced you're going to be paying extortionately jacked up prices for an EBR. I can't recommend strongly enough to pick up a stripped lower ($150) and a simple rifle kit ($500) now, instead of waiting till it's over $2000 for that same basic setup.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 03:04:17 AM »
What? You don't think that now that the enemy camp has nothing to lose that they aren't planning an attack on us? They were attacking us under the radar with the waffen BATFEces Fast & Furious scam.
I'm willing to bet a couple versions of AWB legislation has already been written. Not to mention the court appointments that will screw us over for the next 30-50 years.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
Specific guns may get banned and become pricey, but they will still be on the secondary market. Ammo and primers are not likely to be cheaper than now, I have money now, so i buy ammo and primers now.

Assuming that it's done like last time with a grandfather clause...you think they'd make THAT mistake again?  Think AWB combined with BATFE retroactively "deciding" something that was legal...isn't.  They've done it with other things (bump/rapid fire stuff, etc) and other countries who went down that road have thrown in possession stuff.  Even if they allowed possession, but prevented private re-sale it would be huge from a legal perspective.  For instance, expand the tax stamp to cover not just full auto, but EBR's...and make the stamp more expensive.  Would there be a valid secondary market if legal resale required the kind of ATF wait currently (6-7 months, compared to 3-4 just 2–3 years ago) or longer, and $200 to let's say $2000 tax stamp, otherwise, FELONY.  That would fit the kind of globalization UN treaty type stuff, and would be defended as merely "protecting" with a non-onerous tax to "pay for enforcement", but would really restrict things.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »
That's why I no longer buy guns I don't want for my own use (ie, no guns to flip or as "investments").

Chris

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »
That's why I no longer buy guns I don't want for my own use (ie, no guns to flip or as "investments").

Chris

Not solely for this reason, but also to pay off my debts, I whittled down my collection of relics and antiques. Went from a nearly 40 piece collection that included a bolt action rifle and side-arm from every major participant in WW2 to just a handful of guns that either have special meaning to me, (My first rifle (a 1903), the Lebel I brought back from Afghanistan, the Weatherby Vanguard that I built, etc.) and a couple "social" items.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
Well, I did notice that my local gun shop had several EBRs on the rack a week ago.  They were gone yesterday. 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge