Author Topic: Para-Ordnance LDA  (Read 922 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Para-Ordnance LDA
« on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
Any thoughts on this trigger system?  I found a Para 7.45 LDA in town here for way too cheap to pass up.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Para-Ordnance LDA
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:23 PM »
What was it Jeff Cooper said?

"October 1973--"Double action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem."

Then Para-Ordnance felt the need to put said trigger system in the 1911.  John Moses Browning is rotating in his grave at a high RPM, I'll wager.   undecided

I have several 1911 variants.  They all get carried cocked and locked, as originally intended.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Paddy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:17:52 PM »
I have several 1911 variants.  They all get carried cocked and locked, as originally intended.

Do you unlock with right or left thumb?

I used to unlock with right thumb upon draw.  Now I unlock with left thumb upon target acquisition.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 02:02:54 AM »
The trigger feels quite nice.  Buy it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:43:34 AM »
I've looked at a few of them, nice trigger.  Sure, people can poo-poo them all they want, but that is a sweet double action even if it does reside on a 1911.  It does sell to the crowd that is not comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked and locked with those light SA triggers.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

mfree

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 03:57:17 AM »
I have one; "FrankenGun" is a Para 16-40 modified for 10mm. It works.

I'd recommend a flush hammer though, like on the carry models. The temptation to cock the hammer is very high, especially amongst those unfamiliar with it, and doing so can damage the internals.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »
I'd recommend a flush hammer though, like on the carry models. The temptation to cock the hammer is very high, especially amongst those unfamiliar with it, and doing so can damage the internals.

Seconded.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:59:44 AM »
Do you unlock with right or left thumb?

I used to unlock with right thumb upon draw.  Now I unlock with left thumb upon target acquisition.

Right thumb, because I go to a high thumb hold anyway.  All those years of IPSC and USPSA, I guess.

I have practiced and can do a left thumb, if the strong hand's disabled.   grin

Note that my Caspian Officer's ACP above is a normal single-action 1911 variant.  I have no problems with that particular discipline, and it's been my concealed carry permit gun for many years. Having carried a 1911A1 as my issued sidearm in the military is certainly biasing me, and I hated my later M9. Note that I also have a Kahr K9, which was designed from the start to be a striker-fired DAO gun like the much-vaunted Glock.  So you'll excuse me if I consider a DAO 1911 as something of a crude joke.  Even Colt ditched their Double Eagle about 10 years ago.  Wink

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »
For the record, it won't ever be carried, and I'm completely comfortable with a pure and holy 1911.