Author Topic: Gun Gear: A REALLY odd request...  (Read 2130 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Gun Gear: A REALLY odd request...
« on: October 28, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »
Anyone know of a kydex OWB belt holster (for IPSC/IDPA)... for a 4" Redhawk?

I got my Redhawk tricked out with a moonclip-cut cylinder and I want to go play with it.  Got clips, got the mooner/demooner, got .44special brass (though I think I'll end up going down to .44 russian for an even easier insertion into the cylinder), got a couple of moonclip belt carriers and I can stuff more into my pockets if need be.

Closest thing I can find is for S&W N-frames from Blade-Tech, their SRB.  No Ruger Redhawk though.  Nothing from CompTac.

Any ideas?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Gun Gear: A REALLY odd request...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
http://www.buybrownholsters.com/gun_holsters.htm

What about custom?  I can't speak for this guy's holsters, but it might be worth checking out....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »
Awesome.  Emailed.  Awaiting response.

He's even in my state.  Probably on my side of town, since just about everything in AZ related to guns is in the east phoenix valley.

I had a kydex guy make me a custom lefty holster for a 3" SP101 several years ago, but he's since gone out of business.  Hopefully I can do the same thing with this guy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »
Just adding:

I already have 2 perfectly fine holsters for this gun... a Simply Rugged OWB leather pancake, and a generic nylon Uncle Mike's with thumb snap.

I want a kydex one so it's all tactical and black and sleek, with that forward cut-out that lets you start to present before the gun is fully drawn.  Just a game holster.  Maybe I'll 3-gun with it, too. =D

If I ever actually carry the gun (which I do often when it's cool enough to cover a big gun properly), it's usually in the Simply Rugged unless I'm hiking with a big backpack, then it's the Uncle Mike's. 

So, while I appreciate any help that might be forthcoming... I really only want a "gaming" kydex holster and not any other type.
--Lysander Spooner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:52 PM »
AZR44:

Heh, that sounds like a lot of fun.  I once shot IDPA with some full-house 158gr .357mag in my 4" SW686.  Using a Fobus plastic fantastic.  On an indoor range.

I double-dog dare you to shoot a round with some 240gr full-magnums outta your .44mag for one round, just to be sure everyone on the range is awake.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:27:47 PM »
I was going to suggest CompTac, but nevermind. I do like their holsters; I own several.

Try one of the IDPA forums?  Www.brianenos.com  Or maybe the ICORE website?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
AZR44:

Heh, that sounds like a lot of fun.  I once shot IDPA with some full-house 158gr .357mag in my 4" SW686.  Using a Fobus plastic fantastic.  On an indoor range.

I double-dog dare you to shoot a round with some 240gr full-magnums outta your .44mag for one round, just to be sure everyone on the range is awake.

Once I learn the rules and they learn I'm not some yutz out to screw around, I'll do that for one session.  Firebreathing H110-fueled 240gr extra-hardcast-gaschecked whompenstompers.  In the meantime I'll keep it low key with specials.
--Lysander Spooner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
http://www.buybrownholsters.com/gun_holsters.htm

What about custom?  I can't speak for this guy's holsters, but it might be worth checking out....

Interesting.  I'm on the lookout for Kydex IWB for my latest toy tool.  Good prices.  Too bad none of his pictures open.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »
I had a kydex guy make me a custom lefty holster for a 3" SP101 several years ago, but he's since gone out of business.  Hopefully I can do the same thing with this guy.

Put him out of business...?  :O

:P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin