Author Topic: Carrying a full size .45  (Read 10905 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: Carrying a full size .45
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Whilst looking for suitable companies in my job search, I came across a holster company that uses canvas/webbing. Several of their products could easily be converted to be of use to women so I emailed the company and asked if they'd considered a line of products specifically designed for women, around our builds, our wardrobes, and our needs. The CEO emailed me back this morning and we now have a dialogue going about it. He also asked if I'd like to be a proto-type tester (3 free holsters!) and I asked if he was in need of a marketing person. We'll see what happens, either way could be a win.

Just like a dame, gets all excited and forgets to post the link.  ;)
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
None of her pistols are full size. All of the holsters she has vid for would work with a compact or small caliber, but that's about it.

Did you check out Limalife's videos?  She does holster reviews for, and carries, 1911's and Glocks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/limalife#p/u/5/HBryB5MvNck

That said, small people just have a harder time with full-size guns.  Size and weight mean you are pretty much stuck with the beltline and littler people don't have much belt to line.  Which I suppose is why they make midsize and compacts in major calibers.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »
I carry a flat bottom mag in the gun and save the bumper mags for the reloads.  I can still tap/rack/bang a flat bottom and if that doesn't fix the problem that mag is hitting the deck regardless.
I normally do the same thing, but my CMC mag bit the dust recently :'(

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:58 PM »
Pharma - Wilson Combat mags for the 1911 are my new best friend.  The Chip McCormick mags are good, but they just didn't feed reliably in my 1991.  The problem was that the feed angle wasn't consistent because of the design of the follower.  The less compression on the mag spring, the steeper the angle, to the point that on the second to last round, I'd fairly consistently get stove pipes.  the Wilson mags have a one piece polymer follower that doesn't change angle regardless of the spring force.  So far a few thousand rounds through it without a single stove pipe.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:07 AM »
Pharma - Wilson Combat mags for the 1911 are my new best friend.  The Chip McCormick mags are good, but they just didn't feed reliably in my 1991.  The problem was that the feed angle wasn't consistent because of the design of the follower.  The less compression on the mag spring, the steeper the angle, to the point that on the second to last round, I'd fairly consistently get stove pipes.  the Wilson mags have a one piece polymer follower that doesn't change angle regardless of the spring force.  So far a few thousand rounds through it without a single stove pipe.

Eh, I've got a couple of wilson ETMs.
They do work every single time, but sometimes I get a funny failure to eject when I hand cycle only.
Also, I remember reading from 1911tuner on thr that they bypass the controlled feed usually associated with 1911 feeding.

I much prefer the Mec-Gar AFC 8 round magazines.  Those things have the strongest spring of any 1911 magazine I've encountered, and they are absolutely reliable.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2011, 06:09:59 AM »
He also asked if I'd like to be a proto-type tester (3 free holsters!) and I asked if he was in need of a marketing person. We'll see what happens, either way could be a win.

Best of luck...and way to go making your own opportunities!....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »
Just like a dame, gets all excited and forgets to post the link.  ;)

Ah! Guess I earned that one.  http://www.crossfiregear.com/home.html
And yep, probably have to go with something smaller. But I really love my M&P.

Thanks for the good luck SAD, Pharma and Seeker. We'll see what happens.

Now y'all get your SOs to email the company and ask for holsters/accessories for women. Create demand!  =D
J/k.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 12:46:03 AM »
Ah! Guess I earned that one.  http://www.crossfiregear.com/home.html
And yep, probably have to go with something smaller. But I really love my M&P.

Thanks for the good luck SAD, Pharma and Seeker. We'll see what happens.

Now y'all get your SOs to email the company and ask for holsters/accessories for women. Create demand!  =D
J/k.

If you're still looking...

http://www.kelloggcustomleather.com/MegMag.html