Author Topic: I'll Take My Shirt Off and Fight You!  (Read 2545 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I'll Take My Shirt Off and Fight You!
« on: August 09, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »
Apparently says a guy at McDonalds regarding his fry order taking to long.

Despite the potential comedy, the first thing that struck me was pity for the dog. As soon as the guy starts yelling, the dog heads to the corner by the door and cowers there in fear. You know that poor dog is abused. I'd almost rather that the cops follow up on the dog's welfare than follow up on the McD's incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/08/09/mcdonald-s-customer-jumps-over-counter-punches-employee-in-face-over-fry-order.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: I'll Take My Shirt Off and Fight You!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
I was thinking this was just someone who was impatient and was prepared to comment on the poor service at some McD's.  But complaining about waiting 2 hours sounds like someone just a bit deranged. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »
I don't often watch fight videos, so I'm probably just ignorant, but what's with the taking off of your shirt to get ready to fight?

I think it was a taco bell video of the manager doing exactly the same in a dispute with an employee.

I guess the second I see some angry person doffing their shirt, I better strike first?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
I believe the intent is ostensibly so that your opponent can't grab your shirt to pull you during the fight.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

I guess the second I see some angry person doffing their shirt, I better strike first?

Or just laugh at them. Seems to me all the youtube videos of "bully gets what's coming to him" where the bully is shirtless or otherwise sounding loud and tough with a lot of pre-fight yelling and puffing, they end up throwing haymakers and sissy punches, and get taken out by a precise punch to the gut or head.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
Despite the potential comedy, the first thing that struck me was pity for the dog. As soon as the guy starts yelling, the dog heads to the corner by the door and cowers there in fear. You know that poor dog is abused. I'd almost rather that the cops follow up on the dog's welfare than follow up on the McD's incident.

Not really. When I lose my temper, my dog ducks out the doggy-door. She's just naturally timid.

But if the cops show up to check on my dog, I'll know who called.  =) 'Course, that probably means they'll shoot her.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

'Course, that probably means they'll shoot her.

Better that then abused [/sarcasm]

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
I was thinking this was just someone who was impatient and was prepared to comment on the poor service at some McD's.  But complaining about waiting 2 hours sounds like someone just a bit deranged. 

Who the ****  waits 2 hours for an order of fries?  What the______?!?!?  ??? :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
Who the ****  waits 2 hours for an order of fries?  What the______?!?!?  ??? :O

I took it as the guy was exaggerating and the wait closer to the 5 minutes or so it takes for the fries to cook.

I feel sorry for the dog.  Good dog.  don't enable your owner.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »
No shirt
No shoes
No service
What we have here is failure to communicate.