Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Libations!

(1/3) > >>

AmbulanceDriver:
So I have recently made up a batch of Nocino/vin de noix that is just coming up to maturity.  Bitterness is gone, flavors are smooth and mellow, and the nuttiness of the walnuts is starting to shine through.  And it only took a year of aging!  :D

Seriously potent though, as I used 190 proof everclear.  I'd post some pics, but since photobucket has pulled an HK and basically told their customers they hate them, no can do.

Also made up a batch of limoncello....   That only took about 30 days.  time to make another, since the last bottle is in the freezer.  

AmbulanceDriver:
Stopped by the local liquor store tonight to pick up some more everclear for the next batch of limoncello.  Decided I needed to pick up a bottle of Pyrat rum while I was there too.   Forgot just how good that stuff is.

Northwoods:
Need to check the gravity on my dopplebock that's been lagering in the fridge for probably a couple months or more.

Fly320s:
Buying the stuff at the store is sooo much easier.

And that is why I am starting to enjoy my Saturday afternoon.  It is 5 O'clock somewhere.

Devonai:
This is my second summer in my new home.  Last year, one of the trees in the yard did nothing, so I thought it was just another scraggly tree.  This year, BAM, walnuts, holy balls walnuts.  I guess they were on vacation last summer.  Anyway, I'll have walnuts soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version